Hypochondriac thread

I freak out a lot about things being really wrong with me. Including right now i have a bump below the middle of my rib cage and I'm freaking out big time. The problem is i have finals over the next two days and worrying like crazy and studying don't go hand in hand. I know Thomas has this type of stuff to, so can anyone either try to convince me its probably nothing or give me advice to not freak out?

PS I'll go to the doctor tomorrow morning but I really have a ton of work to do.

I freak out a lot about things being really wrong with me. Including right now i have a bump below the middle of my rib cage and I'm freaking out big time. The problem is i have finals over the next two days and worrying like crazy and studying don't go hand in hand. I know Thomas has this type of stuff to, so can anyone either try to convince me its probably nothing or give me advice to not freak out?

PS I'll go to the doctor tomorrow morning but I really have a ton of work to do.

you are definitely fine. i had something very similar underneath one of my nipples and it ended up just being a benign cyst that went away after a week or so. stressing out about it won't help. webmd will just scare the shit out of you, so stay away from that.

Guest eriathomas

I agree with everyone else that it's probably a cyst. If something bad was happening, you'd have other symptoms prior (and that's a very unlikely spot for a bump to grow if it's malignant).

thanks guys! this actually helps. I know webmd is bad but i always end up looking at it or something similar after a while.

i was coughing up blood once and webmd freaked me out so bad i went to the hospital at like 3AM hysterical.

i ended up just cutting the inside of my throat on a potato chip or something while i had a cold.

WHY DIDN'T WEBMD MENTION THAT?!

Guest eriathomas

I've learned to not console the internet about anything anymore. I think it's one of the main reason I've turned into a major hypochondriac, always was sort of one, but the internet gave me access to too much information. Cyberchondria is actually a term they use these days for people who suffer from hypochondria due to internet information.

haha i belong in this thread. my mom used to read me medical books to sleep so i think i have everything and am at constant alert with what's going on with my body. it's both annoying and beneficial...considering i don't have health insurance.

but yeah i'd say unless you're experiencing other symptoms you should be fine until you can get into a doc to check it out. it could be anything or nothing at all.

coming from from a doctors point of view ( ive been practicing medicine for the last 4 years) it seems to be you have a serious condition known as rib seperation. Basically what is happening is your ribs are actually seperating from each other , which over time will cause your lungs to collapse, it is very fatal. The swelling is your muscles trying to keep your ribs together, but unfortunantly they wont be able to.

You probably have 2 or 3 days left to live

Ignore that quackery.

Clearly while you were sleeping, you swallowed a spider, which has laid it's eggs just outside your stomach lining. Have you had heartburn any time in the last couple of months? That's because of the small hole in your stomach, which has healed on it's own. Either way, soon the spiders will hatch, tearing through the outer layer of your skin. Don't worry, it burns for a bit, but doctors can patch you right up, unless they were brown recluse. Then you're fucked.

Last week I got bit by what I think was a horsefly, and now I have a huge dark purple spot bigger than my fist. I've been bitten and stung by lots of different bugs and NEVER had a reaction like this, it hurts and itches and is alarmingly large. I don't have insurance so go ahead internet, diagnose me!

I am convinced I have tonsilitis. I've been sick the past week and a half. Sore throat and nasty cough. It feels like there's a golf ball in my throat. And when I think I'm getting better, I go to bed, wake up and feel the same as I did before. I wish I knew what the fuck was going on.

cain't afford no doctor though.

I am convinced I have tonsilitis. I've been sick the past week and a half. Sore throat and nasty cough. It feels like there's a golf ball in my throat. And when I think I'm getting better, I go to bed, wake up and feel the same as I did before. I wish I knew what the fuck was going on.

cain't afford no doctor though.

nope. spider eggs.

• 2 weeks later...