WWDC - New iPhone? Trackpad? iTunes.com?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been using the iPhone 3G for ALMOST 2 years. Loved it. However, I've been spending a little under $90 a month (with a teacher's discount) on Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text, and also 450 minutes a month.

Now, today, I switched to the 200mb plan (saved $15) and the 1500 texts a month plan (saved $5) because I wasn't even close to going over either of those. I don't text as much anymore and I have wi-fi where ever I usually go. Saved $20 a month.

Also, I'm planning on pre-ordering the new iPhone and will also be subscribing to Netflix. I'm pretty excited about all the new features of "iOS 4" and the "high-def" features that the new hardware will bring.

I'm a bit bummed about the lack of AppleTV, new Mac OS, etc., etc. announcements today though.

as much as i want an iphone on verizon i dont think it will happen any time soon. just looking from an outside view, theyre pushing all their droid phones really hard right now, and have been. if they adopt the iphone, droid are going to stop selling drastically.

i have thought about switching to at&t numerous times, but im on a company account with verizon and pay like five dollars a month for unlimited everything. so i dont really know if its worth it.

how much do you iphone users pay a month?

Am I the only who is somewhat curious and maybe bothered by the glass-backing? I don't understand why there would be a need to have the back of the phone to be glass as the front. "To avoid scratching" is a lame reason.

pretty sure this is due to signal. supposed better signal with glass front and back than metal.

as much as i want an iphone on verizon i dont think it will happen any time soon. just looking from an outside view, theyre pushing all their droid phones really hard right now, and have been. if they adopt the iphone, droid are going to stop selling drastically.

i have thought about switching to at&t numerous times, but im on a company account with verizon and pay like five dollars a month for unlimited everything. so i dont really know if its worth it.

if you actually pay $5/month for your phone you should never switch from what you've got, ever.

Definitely not worth it. I absolutely love my iphone, but at $5 a month I would happily take an incredible or something similar. I pay around $160 for my wife and I, unlimited messaging and data, but not minutes (though we never come close to going over)

Am I the only who is somewhat curious and maybe bothered by the glass-backing? I don't understand why there would be a need to have the back of the phone to be glass as the front. "To avoid scratching" is a lame reason.

It's a lot stronger than plastic apparently. Go to apple.com, there's a video, it's like 6-mins long, but near the middle/end there's a quick part about the glass and they bend the hell out of it.

I'm on a family plan right now w/ my parents. $65 w/ unlimited texting and one above the minimal minutes. My parents are switching to Verizon, so it'll just be my brother and I on AT&T now.

Not sure what we'll be paying, but we're dropping to minimal minutes and I'm going to downgrade my data plan.

It's a lot stronger than plastic apparently. Go to apple.com, there's a video, it's like 6-mins long, but near the middle/end there's a quick part about the glass and they bend the hell out of it.

just read about it, it's engineered glass, 30 times stronger than plastic. i'm pretty happy with the glass back, when you consider how hard the screen on the current iphones is to scratch and how easily the back does. Hope there won't be any need for a case.

I'm a bit confused with the early upgrades. If I'm due for an upgrade in September, do I have to wait until then to get the discounted price? Or can I pre-order and get the phone on the 24th?

I would love to be able to get it for the discounted price this month. My screen is so broken at this point it's really hard to read.

I'm a bit confused with the early upgrades. If I'm due for an upgrade in September, do I have to wait until then to get the discounted price? Or can I pre-order and get the phone on the 24th?

I would love to be able to get it for the discounted price this month. My screen is so broken at this point it's really hard to read.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/08/how-to-check-your-iphone-4-upgrade-eligibility/

If you are eligible for an upgrade any time in the year 2010, you can get iPhone 4 at launch. I believe that's what Steve Jobs said.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/08/how-to-check-your-iphone-4-upgrade-eligibility/

Thanks Adam, looks like i'll be good to go on the 24th.