naming my twin girls

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleep while you can.....

I tell you one thing, we just bought a swing & glide......It is worth its weight in gold! We just got it 6 days ago. It works wonders with Avna. She is so demanding on be rocked and likes movement. It gives us a little more time without having to hold her at every waking moment. She loves it. We found it on craigslist for $30....great deal. It plugs in the wall to so we don't have to burn thru batterys. I advise investing in one. (I have heard there are some babys that don't like it, so keep that in mind) See how it goes the 1st couple a weeks, with how much rocking and movement is involved.

One other thing we had a problem with at week 2 or so.....BAD diaper rash. We tried a few different creams but then heard about corn starch.....works wonders, and quickly. Cleared that shit up quick. We have a can of it and use it religiously, havn't had a problem since. Just make sure they're dry before applying.

When is she expecting?

I went with Zoe and Riley. I'd tend to spell Zoe with a 'y' at the end, but then you'd be one of those couples who names your kids with similar names. (I have a buddy who has like 4 siblings, and they all have the same initials. I think it's weird.)

yeah i think we are both trying to steer clear of names that sound similar or end the same.

i really wanted to use the name alexandria and shorten it to alex but my wife has a nephew named alex.

Sleep while you can.....

I tell you one thing, we just bought a swing & glide......It is worth its weight in gold! We just got it 6 days ago. It works wonders with Avna. She is so demanding on be rocked and likes movement. It gives us a little more time without having to hold her at every waking moment. She loves it. We found it on craigslist for $30....great deal. It plugs in the wall to so we don't have to burn thru batterys. I advise investing in one. (I have heard there are some babys that don't like it, so keep that in mind) See how it goes the 1st couple a weeks, with how much rocking and movement is involved.

One other thing we had a problem with at week 2 or so.....BAD diaper rash. We tried a few different creams but then heard about corn starch.....works wonders, and quickly. Cleared that shit up quick. We have a can of it and use it religiously, havn't had a problem since. Just make sure they're dry before applying.

When is she expecting?

she is due sept 6th. hoping she goes till the middle of august.

also shoot me a pm with that glider info. i know we have a swing on the registry that rocks side to side and back and forth.

Guest markovianprocess

Not sure if this is something you've thought of, but it's good to pick a name you can only spell one way. It does my head in that people can't spell my name right (Garry, not Gary). It is so annoying having to constantly correct people.

It's a minor thing, but spelling names in a strange way isn't really so great an idea.

Not sure if this is something you've thought of, but it's good to pick a name you can only spell one way. It does my head in that people can't spell my name right (Garry, not Gary). It is so annoying having to constantly correct people.

It's a minor thing, but spelling names in a strange way isn't really so great an idea.

altough i agree with you to a point but my wife's name is kerri and people mispell it all the time. i think you can almost spell any name differently. hell people always ask me if i spell my name with a k or a c. mark.

not Glen and Doyle?

Marilyn and Jackie?

haha oddly enough she would probably know what band you are takling about and disagree with you...

she was telling me that we needed a song for the babies and i said last caress..........that didnt go over well....haha.

haha...the only fight me and my wife ever had planning our wedding was over the music. i wanted me and the guys to walk in to the nutley brass version of 'last caress'

she didn't think 'last caress' was 'appropriate'. haha. but it worked really well (i thought) and only about 3 other people at the wedding would know the words. we ended up using that and we walked out to the nutley brass 'astro zombie.'

the girls walked in to nutley brass 'i wanna be sedated' and she walked in to 5678s 'woo hoo'...kinda bummed that song turned up in a bunch of ads right after that tho...

i always wanted to name my daughter samantha if i had one, but my wife didn't go for it. so i picked barbara after my grandma. since i picked my grandma, she thought it would be cool to use one of hers...ella. but...barbara ella...not so good. so we went w/ ella barbara.

i guess if that remake never gets made, no one would prob remember barbarella tho...

haha oddly enough she would probably know what band you are takling about and disagree with you...

she was telling me that we needed a song for the babies and i said last caress..........that didnt go over well....haha.

haha...the only fight me and my wife ever had planning our wedding was over the music. i wanted me and the guys to walk in to the nutley brass version of 'last caress'

she didn't think 'last caress' was 'appropriate'. haha. but it worked really well (i thought) and only about 3 other people at the wedding would know the words. we ended up using that and we walked out to the nutley brass 'astro zombie.'

the girls walked in to nutley brass 'i wanna be sedated' and she walked in to 5678s 'woo hoo'...kinda bummed that song turned up in a bunch of ads right after that tho...

i always wanted to name my daughter samantha if i had one, but my wife didn't go for it. so i picked barbara after my grandma. since i picked my grandma, she thought it would be cool to use one of hers...ella. but...barbara ella...not so good. so we went w/ ella barbara.

i guess if that remake never gets made, no one would prob remember barbarella tho...

dude walking in on the nutley brass doing misfits sounds kick ass. i tried picking awesome songs for our first dance but she had none of that. we ended up going with the used. can't remember the name cuz its one of her favorite bands but it talked about smothering so i was cool with that.

also every time i hear barbara i think of night of the living dead so thats pretty sweet.

Mark, you should totally tell Kerri you traded the rights to one of the girls name to me for some first pressing Misfits records all signed by Danzig.

i'd like to hear the response to that.

oh man i totally need some of their singles. haha. but she said hell no very emphatically so i think thats a no go..

but at least they can play with my jerry and doyle dolls. that is if i let them take em out the box.

Mark, you should totally tell Kerri you traded the rights to one of the girls name to me for some first pressing Misfits records all signed by Danzig.

i'd like to hear the response to that.

oh man i totally need some of their singles. haha. but she said hell no very emphatically so i think thats a no go..

but at least they can play with my jerry and doyle dolls. that is if i let them take em out the box.

tell her we can get Danzig for the birth.

"WELL I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY, KER-RI JUST SHOT OUT TWO BABIES TOOOOOODDDAY!"