Bent record covers

Hey guys, i live outside of the US and about half the time i receive records in the mail atleast one of the corners is all bent up, is this a normal thing for everyone or is it my citys mail service not taking care of things?

probably a little of both, you can request that whoever is mailing your records to use extra mailing pads, but that also could raise the shipping cost too...

dinged corners happens... its moreso the fault of the mailman than the sender. especially if you're going out of the US...

imean think about it... the package is being tossed from truck to plant, plant to truck, truck to plane, plane to truck, truck to plant, and then driven to your house..... thats a lot of movement

One time I ordered a record from Amazon, and it came in a big ass box with those little cushions of air packed on one side of the record. That essentially pushed the record down into the other side and bent one of the corners really bad. The record was ok though, and played fine. I haven't ordered vinyl from them since.

Hey guys, i live outside of the US and about half the time i receive records in the mail atleast one of the corners is all bent up, is this a normal thing for everyone or is it my citys mail service not taking care of things?

What country are you in? I know certain places (like Italy) are notorious for this.

probably a little of both, you can request that whoever is mailing your records to use extra mailing pads, but that also could raise the shipping cost too...

If you do that, though, please don't word it like this:

PLEASE PROTECT THE CORNERS vinyl COVER--ULTRA PERFECT without bended corners (WITHOUT SCUFF) or any other damage (sealed-never open)(DOUBLE BOX). THE 2 BOX VERY VERY PROTECT (2 BOX VERY VERY HARD AND BIG ) BECAUSE IN THE LAST SHIPMENT THE VINYL CORNERS cover WERE DAMAGED please use EXTRA PACKAGE (DOUBLE BOX) ULTRA PERFECT VINYL COVER AND SEALED- NEVER OPEN- THANKS

ok?? is possible???

I got that message (in triplicate) a few months ago from a buyer in Italy. I almost wanted to pack it poorly out of spite, but I know it's not necessarily the buyer's fault that the translation is so aggressive. However, shipping was about $3 more than the buyer paid for it because of all the extra care I took to protect the corners.

^If I got a message like that I would have just refunded the person. I try to avoid at all costs selling to people who specify that they want a perfect, mint condition, unplayed record. People like that are an unwarranted paypal claim waiting to happen.

If dinged corners bother you, you should not be mail ordering records.

^If I got a message like that I would have just refunded the person. I try to avoid at all costs selling to people who specify that they want a perfect, mint condition, unplayed record. People like that are an unwarranted paypal claim waiting to happen.

If dinged corners bother you, you should not be mail ordering records.

Recently got caught in a situation like this. Buyer messaged a detailed description on what he wanted for packaging, I sent it out as normal since I never had a problem. Well this was going over seas and the corner got dinged. Buyer sent me a picture, it wasn't that bad but I still offered a partial refund. I may just cancel from now on, not worth it.

I don't mind a small corner ding as long as the vinyl comes as graded.

We always send out with two stiffners in the mailer - its why our postage costs are slightly higher, but i think its a small price to pay to try and protect the vinyl and sleeve... I guess though we don't make people aware of how we pack the records and then they just think our postage is a bit higher than other folks.. oh well...

Seriously. I hate snobs about shit like that.

Seriously. I hate snobs about shit like that.

Especially being a snob like that when one of the things you're buying is an Owl City 7".

I've ordered a few records from Amazon, and amazingly they weren't damaged though they just stick them in an oversized box with a few air bags. I've had plenty of larger orders show up with damaged corners, but just as many show up unscathed. There's no record stores worth going to near me, so mailorder is my only option. And I'm not buying to flip, so as long as its not destroyed, I don't mind. I got a 10" the other day that had a cardboard filler taped down over it so it wouldn't slide around, it was in perfect shape when it arrived. Good idea if you ask me.