Vinyl Collectors of the Day, Derek Fulmer/Anna Gel

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

Today, we bring you 2 Vinyl Collectors of the Day, Derek Fulmer and Anna Gelzis. We bring you two because Derek and Anna collect records together. The engaged couple met through music and share a common bond with collecting records. I gotta say that this is very cool for me to see. The situation typically finds a male record collector and a disapproving wife/girlfriend/fiance. Derek and Anna are different though; when they travel, they go record collecting together; when they are at home, they are listening to records together. Both Derek and Anna took the time to answer our questions on why they collect vinyl, their most prized records, records they would love to own and see pressed, and their thoughts on collecting variants. They also bring up an interesting question when answering what out of print record they would love to own. Their answer was Operation Ivy's "Energy" and it begs the question, why hasn't this been repressed yet. Epitaph reissued it on CD but never reissued it on vinyl.

Thanks Derek and Anna for submitting your vinyl collector of the day feature. I think that your common interest of collecting vinyl will be an inspiration for some couples out there and am certain a number of collectors will show this feature to their significant others saying check out this rad couple. Thanks guys.

Submit your own Vinyl Collector of the Day feature by answering these questions http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/06/10/be-our-next-vinyl-collector-of-the-day-new-questions-added/

Please click the following link to read further.

http://www.vinylcollective.com/2010/06/16/vinyl-collectors-of-the-day-derek-fulmer-and-anna-gelzis/

those are all the shitty pic disc represses, and i dont think it has all the songs on it.

There are a zillion Lookout versions in Tokyo. Not first presses, but these are really easy to come by along with the 7"s and bootlegs. I think this couple should make a trip out here before killing someone.

those are all the shitty pic disc represses, and i dont think it has all the songs on it.

There are a zillion Lookout versions in Tokyo. Not first presses, but these are really easy to come by along with the 7"s and bootlegs. I think this couple should make a trip out here before killing someone.

There's 4 on ebay right now.

you can find a million of everything in japan.. fuckin' lucky.

too bad you don't live in osaka moonbeams. i would totally hit you up for shit.