No more Ali G

THANK GOD.

I never found Borat or Ali G funny... it's the same uncomfortable joke over and over.. "Hi, I'm foreign and don't get what you're talking about, it's funny when I bring up something inappropriate and blame it on ignorance."

I would've been fine with that being one skit on SNL or something, but to base a show on it? Jesus. Then that movie came out and it was recited forever while people thought they were comedians for stealing someone else's terrible lines.

I come close to stabbing people every time I hear "verrrry niiiiiiiiice" in real life.

He got payed a gigantic sum of money to make the "Bruno" movie, immediately following the success of Borat. I heard it's going to be a completely scripted film though, as the chances of him being recognized are way bigger now.

Borat, like Ace Ventura, Napoleon Dynamite and Austin Powers before him, was completely ruined by everyone thinking they can do spot-on impressions of them. Atleast for me.

I don't know... I think the 3 Ali G characters have resulted in some of this era's best satire. Borat and Bruno in particular are amazing how they can expose people's prejudices and ignorance. Much respect for SBC. If nothing else, he is the bravest man in the world for doing a quarter of the shit he does.

i've always hated ali g and never really wanted to see borat but i loved it when i saw it. am i bummed out there won't be borat pt.2 though? not even a little bit.

I had no idea how anti-Ali G VC was but it's probably because he got popular with the masses.

I for one was a huge fan of his HBO show. I picked up the DVDs when they first came out and watch them every few months or so.

Agreed. I thought he was hilarious. I love when Ali G talks to politicians. Funny stuff.

i just wonder how much Sascha's cover as either Borat/AliG/Bruno was blown by someone recognizing

the character.

i mean... the Borat movie was under 1.5hrs long. how much film was being shot that couldn't be

used because of the characters popularity.

(i watched the show before the movie was out, hence i would have recognized him if he came to my city!)

aah... it's too bad though. i thought he was hilarious.

i just wonder how much Sascha's cover as either Borat/AliG/Bruno was blown by someone recognizing

the character.

i mean... the Borat movie was under 1.5hrs long. how much film was being shot that couldn't be

used because of the characters popularity.

(i watched the show before the movie was out, hence i would have recognized him if he came to my city!)

aah... it's too bad though. i thought he was hilarious.

that's why the majority of the movie was shot in the southern states, where people were supposedly less likely to hear of him.

here's to hoping he comes up with even better characters (that don't necessarily have to be recurring... just good).

I was big into the show. Long before the Borat movie came out. I remember seeing Borat opening day in a damn near empty theatre because no one knew what it was. Fast forward to a month later and everyone is obsessed and quoting it, that's not cool.

I saw it opening night in a packed theatre. My friend who worked in another movie theatre at the time said it was sold out pretty much all weekend.