Deleting Facebook

Just did it and it feels great.

If twitter wasn't so handy for updates on records/prints that would be gone too.

Wish I could get rid of the computer and phones all together. Sadly it's just not practical. Although I think I might downgrade my Blackberry and get a pager.

Anyone else hating on this stuff lately as well?

I thought I deleted it but I guess it is deactivated.

I saved some pictures and got peoples contacts before I left. The people I am day to day friends with got deleted over the last 2 weeks and there were about 25 people left on it when I deactivated it. How do I delete it for good?

It's such a time waster, not that this site isn't. A few things all sort of piled up and made me decide to delete it. Sometimes I just feel too connected. Very little work is required to maintain friendships thanks to the internet. I'm not interested in that. I'm also not a fan of the constant friend requests I get from people that I have met at a bar a few times. It's just a loose never ending circle of associates and people you sort of know but feel guilty if you don't add.

I am down to 3 websites I check daily. This one being the most frequented but I plan to limit my time on here as well. The other 2 are used very little so I am ok with that.

Well that was my major reason, getting away from time consuming internet vices. Mine is not deleted yet as I have not saved the ridiculous amount of tagged and saved photos whatsoever. I am down to a few sites as well, this one becoming more frequent as I feel I enjoy most of the stuff posted and find the information to be quite useful.

congrats!

I have never had a facebook(although I do have twitter), I have been fighting it for a few years now, but there is just something weird about my mother in-law wanting to be my "friend" so I have not caved in!

I have had a few friends delete their facebooks within the past couple of weeks and they are loving it, maybe now they will keep in touch with people in real life instead of just over interwebz.

I wish more people would do this.

The friends that live far or out of the country I got contact information from before I got rid of it.

The problem is that I don't do things I should do because I let myself get sucked into. Makes it too easy to be lazy.

Going to start putting together a work out area in my basement. Excited that all the stuff is gone from there and I can finally get to work on this.

Also let it be known that I am currently packing up records while browsing this website :)

i just have a list of people who cant see my posts or pictures. solves the main qualms i have with facebook. having friends across the country/overseas makes facebook pretty handy.

this.

my profile is pretty much private, including photo albums, etc.

the only reason i keep up with so many social networking sites is to promote my photography. it gets to be annoying.

I've been patiently waiting for the backlash against so much technology and it seems like it's half-coming, but not really.

I used to talk to an assload of friends on Facebook, but anyone I actually care about I talk to elsewhere, so I've found less and less use for it. I do use it to loosely keep contact with people I used to be better friends with, though. I also found a summer hockey team by posting about needing one on FB.

I actually know tons of people though. My high school had just short of 500 people per grade, and I was the kind of kid that got along with everyone. Then I have all my college friends, friends from work, friends from hockey, family and friends from them... I'm all over the place. It's not like I'm some douchebag friending everyone I met at a bar the night before or friending my friends' friends.