LeBron's Decision

eh... this was clearly the plan all along. something like that doesnt just suddenly fall into place.

whats funny to me is that, as a suns fan, amare stoudemire comes out looking like a real schmuck signing in new york. he got his money but he wont be getting much else there. i sort of image wade, lebron, and bosh all sitting around going "ah man, amare's calling again..." and then they all have a good laugh about it.

im not even sure theres really a point to having a season next year. lets just have the lakers and the heat play a best of 7 and call it good.

The thing about the Knicks is they want Carmelo and Anthony Parker, who are free agents next year and apparently both of them want to play there too. As long as the Knicks don't do something stupid (lol) they should suck it up this season and just wait until next year.

i dont think they want anthony parker, i think they want tony parker from the spurs, im sure thats what you meant. i think they will get both next year

foolish, foolish statement.

edit: in regards to Gilbert

maybe so, but in a way -- i like that he had the guts to say what he said. too often teams / players are way too politically correct when it comes to public statements. its sort of refreshing in a way. obviously, the one thing he probably should have left out was predicting the cavs will win a championship before lebron / the heat which while a bold statement, has no chance of actually happening. but otherwise, if thats how he feels, thats how he feels.

edit: i say this knowing full well that had lebron stayed in cleveland, there's no way gilbert would have released a statement that read "as a person, lebron is a real fucking prick but were excited about having one of the best players, if not the best player, in the league on our team" but ya know, it is what it is.

as far as the knicks go, yeah... they may get carmello and tony parker, and yes that would make them far more relevant than they are now. but really -- i think a heat team in its 2nd year w/ lebron / wade / bosh is going to be far more scary than theyre even going to be next year.

boosh said he wasnt going to leave any money on the table if toronto was trading him, meaning he was taking a max contract, wade isnt going to pass up making a last pay check and you think lebron james is going to take a bigger paycut than he already has passing on NYC and Chicago? those three are going to make as much as they can in miami and definitely impact the way the heat are able to fill in the team around them. NBA cap is at 59 million, ive heard that those three might account for HALF of that.

The thing about the Knicks is they want Carmelo and Anthony Parker, who are free agents next year and apparently both of them want to play there too. As long as the Knicks don't do something stupid (lol) they should suck it up this season and just wait until next year.

i dont think they want anthony parker, i think they want tony parker from the spurs, im sure thats what you meant. i think they will get both next year

Haha yeah that's definitely what I meant.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':hmnyfszj]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':hmnyfszj]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

Guest eriathomas

Northeast Ohio is going to be filled with shanty towns because of the economy collapsing. I'd better start looking for one with a good location.

I saw Patton Oswalt last night, and he opened with 10-15 minutes of LeBron/Miami-themed material, most of which seemed pretty off the cuff. Dude was so funny. Hell, the very first thing he said when he walked onstage was, "Hey guys, I can only do like 5 minutes tonight; the House Of Blues Miami made me a much better offer so I gotta go. They promised me a ring!"

This is a great article about lebron, he should win some kind of award for such great writing.

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james-is-a-cocksucker

Tomorrow is the day LeBron James becomes the most unlikable person in the NBA, and perhaps all of American sports. I used to think he was okay a year ago. No more. He's the villain now.

It doesn't matter where he opts to go. If he goes to Chicago, he's a cocksucker. If he goes to Miami, he's a cocksucker. Even if he goes back to Cleveland, he's a goddamn cocksucker. He's a self-aggrandizing sack of shit, and ESPN is a bunch of pussy-whipped enablers for giving him a free hour of airtime tomorrow night and inevitably using 55 minutes of it to let Stu Scott give him a rimjob.

Look at what Kevin Durant did today. He signed an extension well before he could have filed for free agency, announced the signing, and then went back about his business. He didn't need all this dog-and-pony show bullshit. James does, and that means he's a dipshit. People have been kissing this man's ass SINCE FUCKING MIDDLE SCHOOL, and he still needs this hourlong AFI tribute special? Bullshit. BULLSHIT.

And I don't care that he asked ESPN to use the commercial airtime tomorrow night to go to charity. That's the most transparent use of charity for the sake of self-glorification I've seen since I saw some actor do it yesterday. "Hey ESPN, why don't you spend an hour kissing my ass? Oh, don't worry. We'll give the money to AIDS babies. That totally makes me selfless." No, it doesn't.

And FUCK YOU to ESPN for going along with this "Bonds on Bonds" redux. If an ESPN reporter found concrete proof tomorrow morning that James was going to Cleveland or somewhere else, do you think ESPN would let him run with it? FUCK AND NO. They'd stick him in a fucking Lucite box and throw him in the cellar until 10PM. They're the whoringest whores that have ever whored. I heard they offered LeBron's crew free blowjobs if he wins a title next year. Wilbon asked to blow him JUST A LITTLE BIT. Not much. Just a little bit.

LeBron is now the guy you openly root against. If he leaves Cleveland tomorrow night, he'll have needlessly strung along an entire fanbase and given them the middle finger by making their breakup spectacularly public. If he stays, he'll have spent two years cockteasing the rest of the world about going somewhere else when he probably never wanted to leave Ohio to begin with. There's no end result tomorrow that makes LeBron a sympathetic figure. He's already gone past the point of no return. He's a cocksucker. Fitting that his most memorable career moment will come when he doesn't even take a fucking shot. He's a guy that cares more about the end result of playing basketball – massive, unending adulation – than he does actual basketball.

I don't begrudge him that attitude. I'd be the same way if I were a basketball player. All I'd give a shit about would be what I make and where I'm drinking tonight. And I don't begrudge him the right to play somewhere other than Cleveland. It's Cleveland. It blows. There's nothing to do in that town except masturbate and cry. But there's a normal way of doing things, and there's the dick way of doing things, and making your own free agency a two-year drama capped off with an infomercial directed by Senor Spielbergo falls squarely in the purview of FLAMING FUCKING DICK MOVES. James is trying to bullshit the world into believing this whole process is some great entertainment he's lavishing upon you. It's not. It's a con. Right now, a lot of people aren't buying the shit this man is selling. And really, that's all LeBron James is these days: a fucking salesman.