Epic Moments in your Gaming History

I don't know why I thought of this, but what are some crazy things you've done in gaming. Like did you actually beat TMNT 1 for the NES?

Two of my favorites involve hockey.

I used to play NHL 95 on Sega all day every day. One time I decided I was going to win the Art Ross trophy, the award for the league leader in points, with a goalie. So what I did was pass the buck to the goalie, Tom Barasso, then pass it to a player and score. Once one of my players got a fair amount of points I would trade them to another team -- it sucked trading Lemiuex and Jagr. I won the trophy with over 100 points!

Another feat came in NHL 97, which was the first one with 3D graphics. I was playing with the Penguins, as usual, against the Edmonton Oilers and I shot a soft puck at the net and as it was going towards the net Cujo dove over the puck and it sloooowly slid into the net.

Good topic.

There are a few I'm proud of. The first, completely beating Super Mario World with all the secrets and everything. The second, beating Super Mario 3. That game is fucking HARD. The third I would have to say would be playing all the way through Diablo as the sorcerer. What a weakling that dude was. I'm sure I'll think of more fun ones after a little while.

God, I've played far too many video games ...

Beating Super Mario 3 WITHOUT any secrets, level by level. That made me feel awesome.

Fuck, I'd love to shake the hand of someone who beat TMNT 1. I haven't played it in years but I always died in the city because I had no idea where to go.

this thread just reminds me how i hardly ever finish games anymore....

i did beat Zelda Ocarina of Time of time with all the extra stuff. like masks, bottles, poes, heart pieces gold skultulas and stuff....that was cool.

The first time i beat resident evil 1 was awesome. that game scared the shit out of me.

this thread just reminds me how i hardly ever finish games anymore....

Same here. I usually get half way through a game, get bored and start playing online. Then when I get bored of online, I never play again.

Although the most epic moment in my gaming history is playing NHL 2002-2007 and always picking Colorado Avalanche and trading for Sakic, Foresburg, Foote, Alex Tanguay, Rob Blake, and Patrick Roy (when applicable) and just cleaning house every season. Now that was an epic team.

One of the most frustrating moments for me was in Ikari Warriors. Played the game for like 4 hours and got to the last level, and remember how you could walk over the buildings on the side and just pass all the enemies without fighting? I was right at the end and walking on the buildings and my dude got stuck. Couldn't move anymore. I don't think I ever played that game again.

Oh, there was also the time a couple years ago when I was playing Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks and I couldn't beat the boss level with Scorpion. So I decided to give up and just go to my girlfriends at the time and get drunk with some friends. I came back home just sauced at like 2:00 in the morning and completely owned Scorpion.

There's an arcade in a mall where I live, and I got the number one high score on a game called Ghost Squad. I can honestly say it made me more stoked than just about anything ever. High score at an arcade game :)

Some arcade games are awesome. Old school shooters = DA BEST.

Oh totally. Too bad arcades are effing expensive.

This one is far more recent, but I'd have to say beating all my housemates and a big group of our friends on FIFA 07 to win our first monthly LORD OF THE LOUNGE tournament. I got to make a rule everyone had to abide by in the living room for 24 hours. My rule? Underwear only. I don't even know why.

beating final fantasy VII with EVERYTHING. a gold chocobo, all the materia MASTERED, every character's ultimate weapon, defeated every WEAPON, did every side quest, every character was on level 99. nerdy as fuck.

beating the original mario bros. and kept going until i realized you start all over. wtf.

played free bird on expert and received 100% (waiting patiently for GH3 - gonna make dragonforce my bitch.)

I like the thread...for me:

-Beating Metal Gear Solid on the PS1

-When me and my girlfriend at the time played a full season on NHL 2004 with the Minnesota Wild and won the Stanley Cup in seven games. She cried because she was so happy

-Beating USC with Colorado in the national title game in my first season of NCAA 2008 in double overtime