LEATHERFACE - Mush

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
No they didn't, it's the same label that's been sat on it for 20 years, finally bothering to reissue it. They seem to be reissuing Minx (on CD) as well. Both appear on vinyl, on eBay, quite regularly for reasonable prices anyway.

I have only seen them in the $50-60 range on vinyl. I did see a re-issue of MINX on CD in like 2004 in a Tower Records in Nashville. It was either a digipack or a regular CD with an O-card thingy. I believe the original was just a jewel case. It was the same label as always. (I think some of the CDs also came out in Japan on other labels with bonus songs, like the 12" EPs and 7" and the line.) Strangely, the Fire site does not list "Fill Your Boots" in the discography... or did I just miss it?

No they didn't, it's the same label that's been sat on it for 20 years, finally bothering to reissue it. They seem to be reissuing Minx (on CD) as well. Both appear on vinyl, on eBay, quite regularly for reasonable prices anyway.

I have only seen them in the $50-60 range on vinyl. I did see a re-issue of MINX on CD in like 2004 in a Tower Records in Nashville. It was either a digipack or a regular CD with an O-card thingy. I believe the original was just a jewel case. It was the same label as always. (I think some of the CDs also came out in Japan on other labels with bonus songs, like the 12" EPs and 7" and the line.) Strangely, the Fire site does not list "Fill Your Boots" in the discography... or did I just miss it?

yeah Minx came with the O Card thing, with a normal jewel case within, that's about when I found my copy....I only have Fill Your Boots from buying it off iTunes....i've never once seen a physical opy of that, cd or vinyl.........

yeah Minx came with the O Card thing, with a normal jewel case within, that's about when I found my copy....I only have Fill Your Boots from buying it off iTunes....i've never once seen a physical opy of that, cd or vinyl.........

I bought a physical CD copy of Fill Your Boots from Fire last summer,

doesn't look like it's there now though which is a shame, it's a good album

I think living in the UK makes this easier to pick up (for obvious reasons). Around 3 - 4 years ago I'd see most of the Leatherface lp's in second hand stores, usually between £8 to £12. I picked Mush, Minx and The Last up roughly around that time for very little money. I think I got the Jesse LP (the one with the Fish on the cover) just given to me by a friend.

Anyway, I still see these sometimes so I'll make sure to pick any up and let people know. They're usually in the really small stores trapped in with the old 70's punk stuff.

I think living in the UK makes this easier to pick up (for obvious reasons). Around 3 - 4 years ago I'd see most of the Leatherface lp's in second hand stores, usually between £8 to £12. I picked Mush, Minx and The Last up roughly around that time for very little money. I think I got the Jesse LP (the one with the Fish on the cover) just given to me by a friend.

Anyway, I still see these sometimes so I'll make sure to pick any up and let people know. They're usually in the really small stores trapped in with the old 70's punk stuff.

please add me to this list if you find anything!

This is true, it probably is easier to pick all this stuff up in the UK. That said $50 is only about £30 so if you can pick "Mush" up for that you're on to a winner. But then this is coming from someone who paid £125 for BR's "Into The Unknown" original! If it's your "holy grail" though, I guess you need to make sure you got the cash aside to fight for it...

I have everything on vinyl, most of which was given to me for free by a very cool guy. My copy of "Mush" on CD I picked up for $1.00 in Seattle, and it looks to be the US version, on Seed Records, licensed in 1993 from Fire. Not sure if this makes it more rare or less rare?

I just hope Fire DON'T remaster, I am not sure if "Mush" could sound any better and I'm worried they'll ruin the heart and soul of that record. Actually, I bet they probably won't as that would cost them money!

All the non-BYO or No Idea Leatherface vinyl I own has been purchased during trips to London. Same with my Wedding Present vinyl for some reason. You'd think these would hit the web a bit more often since there is such a strong market for it.

Mush is the best start to finish 1990's punk album in my opinion. There isn't a stinker on that entire album and there are 15 tracks. It is punk perfection and this thread is a serious tease.