chaps

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain
doomriders and converge at the triple rock social club in minneapolis mn

Triple Rock makes me think of Motion City Soundtrack.

It makes me think of NOFX.

I don't really know the difference between a concert and a show. I get what you're saying but I guess I've never been to one based on it.

Hmm, this is tough...

When I was 15/16 I saw the Offspring at the Mellon Arena (our hockey arena) and some older guy said something rude to me, so I yelled something obscene back to him and got kicked out. It was mid-February and it was snowing and all I had on was a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans. I was freeeeezing and I had no money to call my dad from a payphone. I walked around the stadium a few times and some guy handed me another ticket stub as well as a backstage pass. I thought I was on to something, so I went down to the back where the entrance for floor passes was. I showed them the backstage pass and that was fine, but they said my ticket had already been ripped and I couldn't get in. I put my head down, ala George Michael in Arrested Development, and walked away. Then I heard some "pssts" and soft whispered yelling. This guy was waving me over, he was a janitor at the arena. "I saw what happened to you, I can get you back in." This guy took me through all the back cuts of the arena. I saw everything that normal folks don't see and areas you only witness in the movie "Sudden Death." Through a series of elevators we got to the floor where my seats where, but we were on the opposite side. I was just about to walk out and cross the hall when we saw the guy that kicked me out. So the janitor ushered me into one of those private box areas and had one of the waitresses help me back to my seat. I got to my isle just as the Offspring kicked into "I Choose" -- which was my favorite song at the time. That was one of the most exciting times of my young life and I will always remember that concert for that.

The Alternative radio station here always does those big shows. I once saw Green Day, the Offspring, the Living End, and others one a bill, that was rad. It was during that time when Green Day always destroyed the stage and lit the drum kit on fire so it was awesome.

Bad Religion / Blink 182 / Fenix TX was pretty sweet too.

As far as favorite concerts...there are a few but the one that truly stands out in my mind was Nine Inch Nails @ The Edge (before it was the Chili Pepper and now it's Club Revolution for all y'all SoFlo residents) back in '95...this was after their Self-Destruct 1994 tour w/ Marilyn Manson and the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow.

They continued touring in '95 after "Further Down The Spiral" was released but a majority of those shows were going to be at small clubs and unannounced until a week or so before the actual show. As soon as I found out when tickets were going in sale, I skipped out of work for "lunch" and rushed over to the club to get my tickets. The damn thing sold out within minutes.

Show came around and I was right up front having a good ol' time. Helmet opened and they killed it as well. NIN was awesome and it was a highlight concert for me for sure.

britney spears

that's the only concert i went to that was that big.. so..

Oh man. my dad took me to hootie and the blowfish when i was like not even 10. but that shit ruled

haha, sweeet

i also just remembered- extreme thing. with avenged sevenfold, hoobastank, and lots of bands with a few good locals including absent minded, slam dunk and others that i don't really even care to remember

Hey Nikki, I see that you're from Vegas -- did you go to that Angels & Airwaves show at the Joint last month?

no i did not. i still haven't heart a&a, wierd. but i have dial-up so it's a bit difficult to without buying a cd or record :-/

Guest scriptedrain
Hey Nikki, I see that you're from Vegas -- did you go to that Angels & Airwaves show at the Joint last month?

Are you an Angels and Airwaves fan?

Guest scriptedrain

Are you an Angels and Airwaves fan?

I liked the first album; the second one, not so much. I just knew they played a radio show there last month.

Oh, I only asked because I liked the first album but I gave the 2nd one a halfass once over and wasn't into it like the debut. You answered my question.

These are my favorite non-club shows...arenas only:

Green Day and Pansy Division at the Mullins Center, UMass Amherst right after Dookie came out. That was rad.

Iron Maiden, bunch of times, most recently at Boston University in 2006 I think. The band played the entire recent album, which blew, but the encore of classics and the people watching was worth every penny. I saw them a few years before when they played nothing but hits, but I can't remember where that show was.

Nine Inch Nails with Marilyn Manson opening. Sometime in the early to mid-1990s at the Worcester Centrum. Manson, who I had never heard of before then, stole the show.

I saw Nirvana at the Worcester Centrum too, I want to say Helmet opened, but I could be totally wrong. I only remember that Kurt's voice was jacked up and he fought through it. I never liked Nirvana live though.

EDIT: Oops. That Nirvana show was at the Sprinfield Civic Center...in 1993. Still can't remember the opener.

anybody ever see Nirvana ?

could you share your experience ?

(i believe oakland or scottheisel ever joined Nirvana's gig....)

I saw Nirvana in 4th grade. My brother and some of his friends took me. I was scared out of my mind, but remember really loving the show. Melvins opened and gave me bad dreams.

Best show is probably Sunny Day Real Estate with No Knife. My brother picked me up from the airport when i was like 13/14 in nashville when i got back from visiting my grandparents in Idaho. He then drove me 4 hours to Atlanta to see two bands i'd never really heard of. The show blew my fucking mind. I love my big brother.

- Foo Fighters/Weezer @ Oracle Arena back in 2005. Hot Hot Heat opened. just blown away by the foos.

- Lifetime/Shook Ones/Set Your Goals @ Slims in 2007. the singers from SYG kept on stepping on me. it annoyed me because i dont really like them. i'm sure if i liked them i wouldn't have minded

- Paint It Black/The Loved Ones/Shook Ones @ 924 Gilman St in 2006. great line up. fun show.

- Lawrence Arms/Am Steel/Falcon/Sundowner @ Bottom of the Hill this past summer. Some of my favorites, yes sir.