Favorite CONCERT

chaps

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see many concerts on this year althorugh i live in Bangkok,Thailand.

avenged sevenfold on august,funeral for a friend on september,as i lay dying and megadeth on october and my chemical romance in singapore on this passed 11th.

next year is amazing year for thai mathcore (or wiicore) kid because horse the band will play on march 29th,2008....

Guest nickman
doomriders and converge at the triple rock social club in minneapolis mn

haha nice! ps. whens the new DF list thingy coming out?

i should have a working version up within about 2 weeks.

Well I saw Blink 182 on their last tour, was pretty good. Though IIRC all they did was play their s/t album in its entirety.

Saw Social D and Bad Religion (and Jimmy Eat World was there too) play a festival a few months back... Amazing show... Was on a farm, not technically a stadium... But there were 16,000 people.

EDIT - as to keep with the topic, I'll go for my second listed show.

Guest falloutcollapse

The best huge show I've ever been to was with my dad...The Police reunion show at Wrigley Field. I also got to see Queen + Paul Rodgers or whatever with my uncle at the Allstate Arena. Those are the two big shows I've been to.

My favorite show of all time was Minus the Bear + Honorary Title at the Beat Kitchen (300 people). I honestly think it was the best night of my life.

Top 5 Arena Concerts:

1. The Police / Foo Fighters (20th row -- right in front of Bobcat Goldthwait, haha!)

2. Rage Against the Machine / Queens of the Stone Age

3. The Who

4. Green Day / Jimmy Eat World / Flogging Molly

5. Smashing Pumpkins / Garbage

Honorable Mentions = Bush / No Doubt / Goo Goo Dolls; AC/DC

anybody ever see Nirvana ?

could you share your experience ?

I caught them during their 'In Utero' tour...it was down in Miami. I ended up going just by chance...my uncle who owned a supermarket at the time had a regular customer give him free tickets to the concert. The only person he thought of calling about the show was me as he did know anyone else into "rock music".

I almost didn't go b/c at the time I was a huge Pearl Jam fan and I was pissed at Kurt Cobain for all the shit-talking he was doing about Eddie Vedder & Co.

At the last minute I decided to go...and I am glad I did. Great set. And their performance was energetic and Kurt seemed to actually be in a good mood and enjoying himself. He made a few comments about playing in Florida and how he didn't like the heat (the show was during the summer) but he was still glad to be there.

This show renewed my interest in Nirvana and made me realize how petty and silly it was for me to be upset if one musician talked shit about another. As long as the music they each made was good and I enjoyed it, let them talk all they want...

Guest baseball

Rage Against the Machine/Gangstarr(?) i think

Red Hot Chili Peppers/Foo Fighters

Blink 182/Bad Religion

i think those are the only huge shows i've been to...although my mom has an extra ticket for Bruce Springsteen's next tour, so that should be pretty awesome