arcade fire vs. avenged sevenfold

saw arcade fire last night in atlanta and my mind was blown. 12000 people singing along to wake up was amazing.

But... Wake Up isn't even their best song?

I wish they still played smaller places that were GA, instead of having to wake up at 8am and pay $50 + ticketmaster fees to get into a huge pit. Or $30 for 3rd-level seats.

I guess they have to get back the assload of money they spent on the suburbs, though.

and Avenged Sevenfold is huge. Not surprised too much, even though I never got what everyone liked about them.

I feel like avenged sevenfold was pretty big after "waking the fallen", then they kind of plateaued after that when shadows' voice/singing style changed on "city of evil"... I don't know how popular their last album was (the s/t one), but then the drummer died earlier this year, so that probably helped bring attention away from shadows' singing and their man-crush on george w. bush and helped boost their sales

I feel like avenged sevenfold was pretty big after "waking the fallen", then they kind of plateaued after that when shadows' voice/singing style changed on "city of evil"... I don't know how popular their last album was (the s/t one), but then the drummer died earlier this year, so that probably helped bring attention away from shadows' singing and their man-crush on george w. bush and helped boost their sales

City of Evil was huge. Five years ago I hated this shit, but even I knew a couple of their songs.

(Not to cite Wikipedia as a source or anything, but it says that City of Evil was their most successful album, selling over 2.5 million worldwide, with 1.5 million in the US alone)

I think people mainly like(d) their guitarists (least that's why I liked them back in the day)

I could see that. Makes sense, I listen to plenty of bands for the instruments haha.

Did anyone else have such low expectations for The Suburbs that it actually sounds good? I'm confused by how enjoyable the album is even though they've continued to change away from funeral / neon bible.

City of Evil was huge. Five years ago I hated this shit, but even I knew a couple of their songs.

(Not to cite Wikipedia as a source or anything, but it says that City of Evil was their most successful album, selling over 2.5 million worldwide, with 1.5 million in the US alone)

their songs were all over the radio, it was so fucking awful