Women and makeup

so i got into a debate with someone at work about this.

basically she thought that all women should wear make-up, all the time, its become so culturally accepted thats it weird to NOT wear it. she then went on to cite movie stars as examples of how its the thing to do.

i on the other hand, really don't understand how a woman could wear it.(but then again i have a penis) isn't it better if a woman is beautiful without wearing make-up?

anyways, was looking for some debate i guess.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pff. I rarely wear makeup. I consider it like a fun surprise if I do. I think a girl who is confident enough in herself to, ya know actually BE herself naturally is a rare find these days, sadly. The worst part is that SO many of them look perfect bare faced. I know several girls who can't go to the pool or gym with hair done and a face full of makeup. Its the most irritating shit to see them check their compact every 5 minutes. I think if they could see themselves from the other side they'd be embarassed.

I'm all about deodorant and just being clean in general to an almost freakish extent but I don't wear perfume or super scented deodorants. I like when people smell clean...simple. That reminds me...also, ladies - if I can still gag on your disgusting drug store knock off perfume in the hallway 10 minutes after you left, please just die in a fire. That's something I really, REALLY can't stand. I can't imagine you guys like it much more than I do.

I'm all about deodorant and just being clean in general to an almost freakish extent but I don't wear perfume or super scented deodorants. I like when people smell clean...simple. That reminds me...also, ladies - if I can still gag on your disgusting drug store knock off perfume in the hallway 10 minutes after you left, please just die in a fire. That's something I really, REALLY can't stand. I can't imagine you guys like it much more than I do.

i once embarrassed a lady at work. she was standing 10 feet away from me and her perfume smelled like fuckin' bbq. i think the combo with her BO and her perfume in combination gave off such a rank scent i had to vocally say something. it might have been in earshot, but i said, who in the hell smells like bbq?

we have a girl who wears perfume all the time.. it's nasty, too. she wears sample perfume too and fake designer sunglasses which is even more embarrassing. she smells like a stripper.

i personally don't mind when women wear some make-up. but just a little. nothing too drastic. like when they have acne and stuff. I've seen some girls cake that shit on and i feel sorry for them. i sometimes don't mind the perfume if it's faint. its when you can smell them from a mile away is when it's a turn-off.

same here. but truthfully it's been so long i don't care anymore. if she's made up like ziggy stardust, i don't give a fuck. as long as she's nice and semi attractive i'm down.

actually we have a customer who comes in that is smokin' but has the worst acne possible. in about 5 or 6 years when she's older (probably 25 or so) and that shit clears up, she's gonna be hot. her skin's gonna have some scarring though. poor girl.

i once embarrassed a lady at work. she was standing 10 feet away from me and her perfume smelled like fuckin' bbq. i think the combo with her BO and her perfume in combination gave off such a rank scent i had to vocally say something. it might have been in earshot, but i said, who in the hell smells like bbq?

Am I the only one who would be into a slightly bbq scented cologne? Maybe I'm weird but I fucking love bbq. Anything smells better than Cool Water. Christ. I worked the cosmetics counter at walgreens for a hot minute a couple years ago and could not believe they still make that.

Am I the only one who would be into a slightly bbq scented cologne? Maybe I'm weird but I fucking love bbq. Anything smells better than Cool Water. Christ. I worked the cosmetics counter at walgreens for a hot minute a couple years ago and could not believe they still make that.

i love the smell of bbq but not on a woman.

i dislike when guys wear cologne, because i'm really sensitive to strong cologne-y type smells and borderline allergic to nice smelling things. (hello, overly sensitive skin!)

also, i never wear makeup other than eyeliner. i don't even know how to apply it properly, because i've never worn it. so sad, so sad.

also, i never wear makeup other than eyeliner. i don't even know how to apply it properly, because i've never worn it. so sad, so sad.

This. I only know how to put on eyeliner, and even that is a mission for me. My sister tried to put make up on me for prom when I was in high school, and I cried.

I just don't get the point in spending all that money(make up is fucking expensive), and all that time putting it on, when it's just going to wear off in a few hours.

This. I only know how to put on eyeliner, and even that is a mission for me. My sister tried to put make up on me for prom when I was in high school, and I cried.

I just don't get the point in spending all that money(make up is fucking expensive), and all that time putting it on, when it's just going to wear off in a few hours.

ditto about the expense. my sister just got married a couple weeks ago, and my mom hired a professional make-up artist to do her makeup, my sisters, and all the bridesmaids (including me), because she knew that was the only way it would get done right.

she put this insane waterproof mascara on me, and everyone was making fun of me because for a good week after the wedding it was still on, because i had no earthly idea how to properly take it off without ripping all my eyelashes out.

ditto about the expense. my sister just got married a couple weeks ago, and my mom hired a professional make-up artist to do her makeup, my sisters, and all the bridesmaids (including me), because she knew that was the only way it would get done right.

she put this insane waterproof mascara on me, and everyone was making fun of me because for a good week after the wedding it was still on, because i had no earthly idea how to properly take it off without ripping all my eyelashes out.

Hahah see! Its such a hassle putting it on, AND taking it off. No thanks. My dad got married in May, and they kept trying to get me to wear make up and I just wasn't having it. Getting my hair done was more than enough for me(which again, is super expensive!)

Hahah see! Its such a hassle putting it on, AND taking it off. No thanks. My dad got married in May, and they kept trying to get me to wear make up and I just wasn't having it. Getting my hair done was more than enough for me(which again, is super expensive!)

it was seriously like black glue on my eyelashes! the only reason i had my makeup done was because having the makeup lady there was my mom's birthday present from my dad (it was what she insisted on having so she didn't look horrendous when she cried) and she insisted i get mine done too. i'm pretty sure it was $150 an hour to have her there.

oh and ANOTHER girly thing i don't understand is getting your nails done. all the bridesmaids went to get ours done, and we got a gel french manicure (my first manicure ever....in 25 years of being alive) and that alone was $40! i can't fathom people who get their nails done every week, and a lot do. such a waste of money.

i dislike when guys wear cologne, because i'm really sensitive to strong cologne-y type smells and borderline allergic to nice smelling things. (hello, overly sensitive skin!)

Allison, you don't need to wear make up...just sayin.

Disagree on the mani/pedi thing. I'm a dude and have this done about once every couple of months. It's not about the color and all that shit (I obviously just get clear) it's about the hygeine. They clean up your cuticles and any wicks, loose skin, etc. And there is a huge amount of dead skin on the soles of your feet. Getting rid of this keeps them soft and helps reduce foot odor.

And you generally get a calf massage, which is nice.

Allison, you don't need to wear make up...just sayin.

thank you, justin <3

what exactly does a manicure do that regular filing does not?

you get to have asians paint your nails lickity-split! and not have a clue what they're saying to each other...or you.

Never had a manicure or a pedicure. Though i recently have started painting my nails, but I'm too lazy to keep up with them hahah.

When i got my hair done for my dads wedding it cost me around $60. Just to style it. My dress cost half of that!

don't do it! haha. the whole gel thing is supposed to last longer than a regular manicure, but im really hard on my hands what with my art and hossing my gigantic heavy camera around, so mine were chipped long before they should have been, sadly. my hair cost $50 (with tip) and basically all they did was curl it. no up-do or anything.

i think what all the guys should take away from this thread is that they're lucky to be guys. because it's just plain easier and far less expensive in every respect, haha.