Tattoos and their removal

jhulud

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball
I would love tattoos but I've always pussies out for various reasons. If I went my brother's route in life, a blue-collar laborer, I'd have tats like crazy, but for a while I planned on going into corporate America and now I'm heading towards teaching, where they don't seem to go crazy over ink. I know I could get them in covered places, but I haven't made a move yet.

i'm certainly a part of what you'd call 'corporate america' and i have tattoos...just wear long sleeves

long sleeves always look more professional whether you have tattoos or not

i see my 9th grade english teacher from way back when at shows pretty often and he's got full sleeves now

funny side note, i recently read an article polling employers that said they found tattoos easier to overlook than a weak handshake...so yeah, i say go for it if you've got some good ideas

Guest falloutcollapse

I agree with baseball. You can be part of corporate america and still have tattooes. Im a manager at Bank of America, and as long as I stay professional they don't care.

[image]

Significance behind the tat, if you don't mind?

The best tattoo is my buddies. He had scoliosis growing up and actually had to have a metal rod put in his back. Due to the surgery he has a full zipper scar running the length of his back. He decided to top it off one year in San Diego and get actual zipper teeth and a zipper tab tattooed at the top. It now looks like it's closing him up. The best part is the tab, where it usually says "YKK" he has his nickname.

He was just like, "Fuck it, I'm gonna have the scar forever, might as well make it look cool".

first, that article was terrible...

also, a buddy of mine does tattoo removal... He says the goal usually isn't for full removal but more for lightening up the area so a better tattoo can be put in its place...

personally, i have some really good tattoos, and some ok tattoos (by means of quality), but i don't think i'd cover them up or get rid of them...

i still need to finish my ribs and back though...

I agree with baseball. You can be part of corporate america and still have tattooes. Im a manager at Bank of America, and as long as I stay professional they don't care.

[image]

Significance behind the tat, if you don't mind?

I have quite a few tattooes, and most of them don't have any more significance than I enjoy finding great artwork and getting it tattooed on me. The neck tattoo was a few different art pieces that I took bits from and put them together. Most of my artwork is just things I find or have had drawn for me that I like. I don't do portraits or names or anything though.

I do happen to have three different Alkaline Trio tattooes though... significance being I very much enjoy the trio.

i love cheesy tattoos. Hell i have tons of them. Me myself, i have lots of tattoos. While one is a full japanese sleeve, which is done pretty well, and my other arm is nothing but cheesy tattoos and just random. One being a ode to JAWBREAKER, another being a tattoo in memory of my grandmother, then a bunch of them are just cheesy cartoons. And I have a "SHOCKER" tattoo as well. Among others..s

That was a really silly article. She got mushrooms because it was her favorite pizza topping? come on. Some people just dont think about what they want anymore they just go out and get something so they can say they have a tattoo. I always think for a very long time before I got any of mine. They are all planned out carefully.

My lady is a tattoo artist and shes going to let me tattoo a baby dinosaur on her. (Her nickname for me is baby dinosaur cause i apparently growl a lot when i'm getting woken up.) I've never done a tattoo so i hope i dont fuck it up. :)

That's pretty badass. You should do it Henry Rollins/Jackass style and tattoo her in a moving off-road vehicle, just to make it more memorable.