Photos: Minus the Bear "Planet of Ice" final repre

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Just picked up the final repress of Minus the Bear's "Planet of Ice". These took a little bit longer than I had hoped, but records almost always do. I think both colors turned out nice even though I was expecting something completely different for the Clear w/ Purple Splash. I think that the folks at Rainbo who work with Record Pressing just don't have the ability to separate out colors. While I might not have ordered this color had I known they would have turned out this way, I do like how they turned out. What do you think?

For those of you curious about when these records will ship, they are being packed and shipped as I write. I hope to get most out today, but some will go out tomorrow. Thanks for everyone's patience.

And I wanted to offer a test pressing to one person who can identify the at least 5 differences between this final repress and the previous pressings. Email me your submissions and I will pick a winner in about a month from now. I will also pick the normal test pressing winner sometime next week. Good luck.

and while it might look like I am palming those records, the only part of my hand touching the vinyl is on the side and on the label. Those of you worried about the acids on my hand compromising the vinyl need not worry.

and anyone thinking about entering the contest, you won't win unless you have the records in hand. there are at least a few differences you will only notice upon having the records. thanks.

I should buy the purple as it was mostly my idea...

good idea! i REALLY like how the purple came out.

virgil, how many purple are left? don't want to procrastinate too long and miss out on this.

far fewer than the granite, but I think I still have around 150.

is this the only pressing that doesn't have printed inner sleeves?

i was comparing it to my friend's 2nd press (tour edition) and the packaging seemed a bit nicer.

haven't compared the sound yet, but isn't this new press from a new stamper? different pressing plant than the 2nd press too, which seems to be Pirate Press.