Triple Decker Record Dead Weather

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who are under the impression that some people went down and horded all of the 100 copies for sale yesterday, TMR has a 1 per customer limit on these kinds of things in-store, and the other 200 are being sent out to record stores WORLDwide, so you're shot of even getting one is slim. I live in Nashville and I couldn't get one. They sold out in the first hour.

I too would like to know what these retailed for. They were gone from the Third Man online store before I could see if they were expensive($75) or reasonable($20). That's only reasonable because of the novelty, not the fact there are just a couple songs and would be a bitch to listen to the 7"inside, I'd imagine. I'd probably keep them in separate sleeves.

I don't think they went online at the Third Man online store. I was refreshing all day and at lunch the 12" appeared on the site so I ordered two hoping to get one with the enclosed 7". They said in their news section that Triple Decker Records would be thrown randomly trough mailorder and that some would be sent to stores and 100 at their actual store in Nashville.

I'm not gonna lie, I was calling all the local record stores to see if they were getting this in, sucks they are only getting the regular one no the Triple Decker one. I would have flipped the shit out of that.

same here. flippers suck, but knowing that i could get $500 for something that is sitting on my shelf, i wouldn't be able to justify holding on to it.

so all the people doing the flipping got it from third man record store, or their local store luckily got shipped some, or they ordered the 12" single and got the triple decker instead. those were the only ways to get it right?

unless they happen to know someone from Third Man Records and were able to get a hold of them under the counter.

• 2 weeks later...