Post your Gamertag!

Guest falloutcollapse

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They both have partial backwards compatibility as far as I know.

What exactly does "Partial Backwards Compatibility" mean.

Some games work, some don't. I was under the impression that the PS3 had NO backwards compatibility whatsoever, though.

Also, when the hell is MS going to get their Live shit nailed down? I'm sick of not being able to get online.

Some games work, some don't. I was under the impression that the PS3 had NO backwards compatibility whatsoever, though.

Also, when the hell is MS going to get their Live shit nailed down? I'm sick of not being able to get online.

I guess these are just questions I have to ask the workers at the game store. I dont know which I want.

The cheap PS3 does not have backwards compatibility, but the 80 gig model does have backwards compatibility. BTW, not opting for the 80 gig model is pretty foolish, IMO (its also foolish to not opt for the XBox 360 Elite).

The cheap PS3 does not have backwards compatibility, but the 80 gig model does have backwards compatibility. BTW, not opting for the 80 gig model is pretty foolish, IMO (its also foolish to not opt for the XBox 360 Elite).

that actually helps a lot. thanks.

That's weird. I remember one day, for about 6 hours, xbox live was completely offline. Was sometime the week of Christmas. My stuff works fine, though. (Chromehounds and CoD4. Haven't tried other games/Unsure if they have their own servers.)

That did happen because there was a record number of people online at that time and it made it crash. They have since fixed the problem and have announced that they will be giving every Live user some type of Live Arcade game, but haven't said when exactly this is happening.

BTW, not opting for the 80 gig model is pretty foolish, IMO (its also foolish to not opt for the XBox 360 Elite).

I completely agree. I waited for the Elite to launch before picking up a 360 and definitely think I made the right choice. I am definitely going to pick up a PS3 at some point, but just don't feel I NEED it at this point. When I do, I'm definitely getting the one with the most HD space.

Guest scriptedrain

I'm glad that we have the Elite version. The package was expensive, but it was still a great deal and everything looks great in black (both in and out of context of our living room setup). I didn't know they're giving a free Arcade game for the downtime, glad to hear it.

Xbox live is still down. Microsoft can't update us on the issue, because some folks filed a lawsuit.

Live isn't down, I'm on right now... ???

Some people are having issues, some are not. The problem hasn't been solved yet.

I just picked up a sweet surround system for my 360. It was designed specifically for the XBox so it matches the white and grays on it.

my tag is: ihaterocknroll

I have only ever played Pro Evolution Soccer 6 online, I've also played Rainbow Six Vegas a bit and Forza 2 a few times, but my live subcription ran out, so I'm currently waiting on a friend who can apparently get me a new years subcription a bit cheaper than it usually is, and I'll be straight on Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 ;)

Just out of interest, how much is a year's subscription to LIVE in the US and Canada? We pay £40 over here, which is like $80 USD, maybe about $90 CAD.