my "un-listened to" pile is getting out of control

kurtz

Anyone else have this problem? I keep buying things but it takes me forever to get around to listening to some of it.

Right now on my un-listened to pile I've got:

24 LPs

65 7"s

22 tapes

7 CDs

It seems like lately I've been listening to nothing but old stuff. Need to dive into this pile soon!

I'm not even going to get started on the amount of music I've downloaded and never got to.

I'm not so good keeping up with downloaded stuff, but if I buy an LP / 7" it doesn't get put away until I listen to it, and I tend to do so with relative ease. It might sit out for up to a week, but never longer than that. I'm at 0 vinyl releases right now needing to be listened to, but I've got a few CDs I've gotten that I haven't even opened yet. Probably 5 or 6, since I barely buy them.

That's a perpetual problem for me as well, but I consider it a good problem to always have something new to listen to. The only part that's bad is that I've moved a few times and that pile has been integrated into the collection a few times. I hope to some day catalog the entire collection so I can read through a list to see what records got filed away before being played.

I have a bunch of classic rock LPs that I picked up for mostly under a buck that have yet to be listened to...mainly because they are filed away in boxes that I don't have immediate access to. As far as new stuff, I am pretty good about getting in at least a single listen to make sure the tunes play without any issues.

I do have a few 7"s that just came in today on the pile...I guess I gotta tighten up on that.

Anyone else have this problem? I keep buying things but it takes me forever to get around to listening to some of it.

Right now on my un-listened to pile I've got:

24 LPs

65 7"s

22 tapes

7 CDs

It seems like lately I've been listening to nothing but old stuff. Need to dive into this pile soon!

I'm not even going to get started on the amount of music I've downloaded and never got to.

Yes and no. I have to buy a very limited amount at a time or I just can't get into.

I have to repeat to my self "quality not quantity" when out and about in music stores.

There have been some pretty awesome "must haves" recently. If you're not on the new Superchunk get that way, pronto. There's another record I've been listening to for a review that is blowing my mind right now as well. It's out in November. I was so surprised by the contents of this album it just blew me away.

Yeah, this happens to me fairly quickly. I have this odd habit of listening to each release at least 10 times. That way when I get it into rotation, it's like an old acquaintance... if that makes sense. I like that feeling of familiarity when I listen to music. Stuff that I haven't listened to in a few years I can put on and still remember a lot of it.

I've been trying to play all new stuff right away just because of all the flaws in records lately but there's still stuff sitting around from last year unopened or unplayed. I have plenty of cd's I bought years ago too that never got opened. just put on a shelf near the top with all the "new stuff to listen to". it's hard to keep up when you want to own everything and still keep looking for new music.

someday...