so I just heard the gallows album

For the 1st time...I picked it up because of the positive words you people (and a couple friends) had.

Wtf.

Its crap.

I've heard this shit 1000's of times before...and very rarely is it good...

This is my opinion...but seriously? What am I missing?

I'm kinda pissed I didn't just get a cd copy of crime in stereo is dead instead...

I downloaded the album based on a review and loved it. Found out about all the hype later (even though the hype already existed.) So I kind of see what you mean. Doesn't deserve all the hype but it's very solid. I think Abandon Ship, Belly of a Shark and Orchestra of Wolves are three great songs

Guest falloutcollapse
I agree 100%. downloaded it, didn't like it. then heard all the hype on here, gave it another try, still didn't like it.

Was there really a lot of hype on here? I think I was the only dude hyping them early on, as far as I can remember. I was a total fanboy this summer.

Guest falloutcollapse
took me a few listens but i dig it. not the best thing ever but good. they rock out live! the singer is a crazy asshole! jumping on the merch tables and running around these fat kids until the mic chord wrapped them up tight and they couldnt move. fun to watch.

Oh lord, at Warped Tour, there were about 20 kids watching them, and only one singing along/dancing/screaming (guess who!). And at certain points in the song, he'd just give me the microphone for about a minute, and when he'd get it back, he'd just say things like "This kid cares more about this band than we do" and "This is our only fan in the world, and we love him" and he just screamed in my face the whole time. Totally brutal. Then he stopped me when I was walking around to talk to me. Good times.

Last night my friends/bandmates and I were playing Guitar Hero III and one of them decided to play the Gallows song that's on there. Mind you, they had never heard them before...and all they did the entire time was complain about how horrible the song was. They called it a bad ETID ripoff, which in my opinion is pretty close.

I always compared them to the Bronx, not ETID - I don't listen to newer ETID stuff though since it sounds bland.

A lot of the hype from the band came from overseas. They're from England and they just kind of blew up and since there's not a lot of stuff like this coming out over there it helped them. You can also credit who the band is, they have an attitude, which sells.

Their live show is a bit different too -- the lead singer stays in the crowd most of the time.

I liked them a lot when the album came out, but I rarely listen to it these days.