SRC Exclusive Pre-Order (Input wanted)

Ok in the next few weeks we have some exclusives going up for pre-order! We have an idea and want your input.

A lot of people complain about when we put up the pre-orders. 9 AM our time is not good for west coast and some international. Later in the day is not good for others. As well, sometimes we are not able to give a heads up on when pre orders can go up or even what they are! Literally we often are told, ok you can do it now.

So what do you think of this. When we have SRC100 and SRC150's we will do this:

9 am EST - Pre-orders go up. We will limit the inventory to HALF of the amount. So if it sells out quickly, only half of the quantities will sell out.

9 pm EST (12 Hours Later) - We put up the remaining half if the first half sold out.

Will this help? I know 9 am EST is not convenient for many. Or would it be better to split it more far apart? For example 36 hours apart.

ALSO FYI; we have a really good mobile site. So you can check out on your phone. I have only used it on the iPhone and its super easy to use.

people complain too much. if they really want something, they can get up at 6am. (then go back to sleep? haha) pffft. most people with jobs are already awake then or will be awake soon anyways.

as the label releasing things, you should do it when it's convenient to you.

9am eastern is pretty much 5am on the west coast, I'd say it's unfair cause people want to sleep and don't want to waist resting over some record when they can just be sure that they will get it later in the day around 5. I think it's a cool idea so everybody gets a chance.

correct me if i'm wrong, but 9am eastern time is exactly 6am on the west coast. no 'pretty much' involved, haha. but i get where you're coming from.

no matter when they go up (even if it's multiple times), someone will always complain.

Plus releasing shit when it's convenient for the label isn't necessarily profitable for them all them time

sorry for the double post, but i don't understand your logic here. if someone wants an album, they're going to buy it, whether it be at the time it's posted or 4 days after. if it's going to sell out, it's going to sell out no matter what; it's just a matter of when.

9am eastern is pretty much 5am on the west coast, I'd say it's unfair cause people want to sleep and don't want to waist resting over some record when they can just be sure that they will get it later in the day around 5. I think it's a cool idea so everybody gets a chance.

correct me if i'm wrong, but 9am eastern time is exactly 6am on the west coast. no 'pretty much' involved, haha. but i get where you're coming from.

This.

12noon EST.

Seems to work well for other places.

I see the logic and like the idea of splitting up the pre-order between 9am EST and 9pm EST but even though that will alleviate the problems for some people who want to order, wouldn't that create more work for you guys?

yes on all accounts!

12 noon is 9am on the west coast, and evening in europe, so i can't see how anyone could complain. also, it's lunch hour for most people who complain because of work, so it seems like the best compromise!

12noon EST.

Seems to work well for other places.

I see the logic and like the idea of splitting up the pre-order between 9am EST and 9pm EST but even though that will alleviate the problems for some people who want to order, wouldn't that create more work for you guys?

Thanks for thinking of us! It doesnt really create more work. It can be done in less than 3 minutes.

I guess where I feel sympathy MOST is when I go "Ok guys we have this preorder up NOW" and there is no headway. Sometimes labels don't really give us notice or these things happen so quickly I cant give notice.

Maybe I should have made this a poll?

I think that @ the end of the day, no matter what time a pre-order goes up, people who really want it will make sure to be available (awake, lunch hour, whatever) to order. As long as they know in advance that pre-order will go up at XX-time, they will be ready.

There's nothing more annoying when pre-orders just go up without any warning at all...or the seller/label/whatever will say "pre-orders will go up tomorrow at a random time"...most people in that case don't have the luxury to be in front of their computer all day long hitting the F5 key...