Mystic Records Warehouse Fire

I just got this :(

Fire at Mystic Warehouse Destroys Thousands of Records

and Hundreds of T-Shirts

There's always an upside! No one was hurt, and your Mystic records are now more valuable than ever. Hold onto what you've got!

Rarer than Ever: There were 500 pressed on the first three white records, Mentors, Nardcore, and Battalion of Saints. The fire destroyed most of inventory of these records, and we have only a few of each left. For collectors, this means that there are now less than 400 of these white records in existence. The same is true for Il Repute and Dr. Know, which were made in gold and green

So it turns out that the 500 of NOFX Maximum Rocknroll on purple, now there are only 150 left!

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/NOFX-%252d-Maximum-Rocknroll-LP.html

IF anyone here had a purple, switched to a blue, i will gladly switch you back. We will send out emails shortly

There are some other releases that have lower quantities as well. I will post as soon as I can

I always hear negative things about Doug from the younger generation but it seems that most people who had dealings with him all the way back to the 60's have nothing but positive things to say. Somewhere it seems like something got twisted or messed up and you know how shit talking goes. Before you know it that's your legacy, which is unfortunate.

I don't think that at all and I don't think that SRC is saying that either. That paragraph seems to be written by someone else and they were just reposting it.

It was written by the label.

I dont know anything personal about the man who runs the label. Regardless, it is a crappy situation and I wouldnt wish it upon anyone. It would probably be most beneficial for them at this point to try and get rid of what inventory they have left to recoup any costs. EVEN if you have insurance it doesnt mean you are going to be able to recoup everything lost.

That is me and it's sad that some shitbag who wasn't even a sperm when Doug was putting out these records talks like he knows something. The fact is Doug is actually one of the more generous people I've ever met, or worked with in the music industry. He got a bad rap put on him by the Stern brothers and also a bunch of drug addicts who played in bands that put out records on Mystic and thought because bands like the Dead Kennedys sold hundreds of thousands of records and actually made some money at it, they should be getting that kind of money too even though they usually were lucky to sell a couple thousand records. They also signed contracts without reading them so when their contract said they'd get paid in product and all their studio costs, etc will be taken care of, all they have to do is show up and record the songs, they somehow thought that meant they'd be getting big paychecks in the mail.

As for the fire, it is true, it isn't a ploy to sell some records. The old man lost THOUSANDS of dollars of products, both old and new and he isn't swimming in money in his old age, it is a huge financial burden on him for a label that isn't selling big numbers of records.

And once again let me point out the hypocrisy of the fact that no one seems to have a problem with RAR having 31 pressings and triple that in colored variants, but somehow having a half dozen different colors of the NOFX LP spread out over a couple years is somehow evil.

If you are happy at someone's loss, you are a bonafide piece of shit and hopefully Karma will burn down your house so you can experience a huge loss and see how it feels. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, let alone someone I don't know but somehow judge.

If you are happy at someone's loss, you are a bonafide piece of shit and hopefully Karma will burn down your house so you can experience a huge loss and see how it feels. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, let alone someone I don't know but somehow judge.

Not to be an ass but isn't saying "hopefully Karma will burn down your house" contradictory to "I wouldn't wish that on anyone" ?

EDIT: otherwise I agree with you 100% it's a terrible situation and one I wouldn't even begin to know how to face, I just sat in a car for 6 hours and am cranky as all hell.

Not to be an ass but isn't saying "hopefully Karma will burn down your house" contradictory to "I wouldn't wish that on anyone" ?

EDIT: otherwise I agree with you 100% it's a terrible situation and one I wouldn't even begin to know how to face, I just sat in a car for 6 hours and am cranky as all hell.

Ha, you got me there! I didn't even think of it that way but you are right. However a lesson needs to be taught in some way.

I guess I wouldn't wish it on almost anyone. There are a few exceptions I guess :)

I'm confused, does Shop Radio Cast have 150 in stock? Meaning that some burned in the factory but some were sold already...or did Mysic sell 350 and now there are only 150 in the world (not in stock?)

Good question! We don't have 150 in stock. I was quoting the "150 left" from the Mystic newsletter I took this from. I will ask what the total pressing is on this.