PO: Daughters - S/T

hedon

Man I have been waiting forever for this thing to go up as a PO. It's seriously been on the site for a year. Anyway, pre-ordered the black along with the Cave In because I collect records, not Happy Meal Toys and don't care if shit isn't free. The funny part of all this is half you idiots will be bitching about how much these things cost on eBay in a few months. Cry me a river.

Man I have been waiting forever for this thing to go up as a PO. It's seriously been on the site for a year. Anyway, pre-ordered the black along with the Cave In because I collect records, not Happy Meal Toys and don't care if shit isn't free. The funny part of all this is half you idiots will be bitching about how much these things cost on eBay in a few months. Cry me a river.

lol. this man speaks the truth.

Yeah, I kind of went off in the Cave In thread, but that's how I feel. It's like people who complain about the cost of tattoos. It's not like people DIE from not getting some gay tattoo. Either collect records or don't. They're expensive sometimes, live with it. Yeah, I remember when buying records was cheaper than tapes or CDs. Hell, it's one of the reasons I got into records in the first place. But shit's not like that anymore. These are fetish properties and they demand higher prices. And if HH can make a little more money off these things (and I doubt they are raking it in) good for them. Better than giving your dough to Sony or some shit.

Yeah, I kind of went off in the Cave In thread, but that's how I feel. It's like people who complain about the cost of tattoos. It's not like people DIE from not getting some gay tattoo. Either collect records or don't. They're expensive sometimes, live with it. Yeah, I remember when buying records was cheaper than tapes or CDs. Hell, it's one of the reasons I got into records in the first place. But shit's not like that anymore. These are fetish properties and they demand higher prices. And if HH can make a little more money off these things (and I doubt they are raking it in) good for them. Better than giving your dough to Sony or some shit.

Okay, that's fine. But why the hell they provide so ridiculous shipping prices? 17,70$ is the cheapest option for me.

I still don't think $19 is the worst price I've seen on a pre order. If it's $17 for shipping though that is pretty damn crazy. I'll wait for this and hope to find it used like I did Canada Songs and Hell Songs which turned out to be limited.

Daughters - Canada Songs (EHP) Black Vinyl #18/150 (1 Sided Stencil)

Daughters - Hell Songs (Hydra Head) 1st Pressing Silkscreened Cover 180 Gram Black Vinyl Hand Numbered 95/200 (Test/Tour Edition)

Okay, that's fine. But why the hell they provide so ridiculous shipping prices? 17,70$ is the cheapest option for me.

I don't know, I've never lived in Hungary so I don't know what's normal. But, I will add that the cheaper shipping options to Europe, especially Eastern Europe, never seem to pan out well. Everything I've ordered from anywhere in Europe I pay out the nose for shipping, and the few times I haven't had to pay much my records were damaged. I think maybe HH doesn't want to deal with all the BS surrounding damaged records, especially when they are talking about very small numbers of items that sell out quickly. They just don't have a bunch of extra records laying around to replace stuff that gets smashed up by European mail handlers who are notoriously inept.

Just a theory, but I bet there's some truth to it.

Shipping LP's overseas is expensive, whether they are being shipped from the U.S. or Europe. I usually pay $14-16 to ship one LP in an LP mailer to Germany and the surrounding countries. That doesn't include cost of mailer/packaging materials or Paypal fees. $17.70 isn't "ridiculous" at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this yesterday. Album cover has a very nice matte (if i'm not mistaken) finish to it, along with a lyric sheet, which also has a matte finish. Record is 180 gram and sounds beautiful. Definitely one of my favorite releases. It is a true blessing to finally be able to listen to it on wax!

So to those of you who were complaining about the high cost, it comes with great reasoning. I would post pictures but only have a shitty Iphone, which i'm sure would produce pictures that wouldn't nearly do this album justice.