Got my Red Sox tickets

Guest conoley

Guest conoley

They're playing the Blue Jays, of whom I am a fan. All they had left for the games were standing room, but I don't give a shit - I'm going to Fenway!

Guest conoley
Watching a game live is 1000% better than watching it on TV. Have fun!

Oh, for sure. Seeing the Jays and Sox at Fenway 8 years ago was what got me back into baseball. God, was that 8 years ago?

Watching a game live is 1000% better than watching it on TV. Have fun!

my dream is to get up to Boston to see a game before they tear the park down.

it will happen. just need to save up the cash.

I can't imagine they'll ever tear Fenway down. That and Wrigley are both pretty much historical landmarks as far as ballparks go.

my dream is to get up to Boston to see a game before they tear the park down.

it will happen. just need to save up the cash.

I can't imagine they'll ever tear Fenway down. That and Wrigley are both pretty much historical landmarks as far as ballparks go.

It's in the plans for the next ten years. Hell, they're tearing down Yankee Stadium, how crazy is that?

Fenway just doesn't hold enough people for them to keep it there for much longer. I hope they keep it though.

I don't see Wrigley going anywhere anytime soon.

Wrigley is never going to be torn down. It might be COMPLETELY renovated at some point, but there is no way they're ever getting rid of it. I don't even know how they could do it at this point, since the area is so congested. Comiskey and Chicago Stadium had plenty of room around them...Wrigley would have to be imploded or something.

I'm making it a point to see every MLB ballpark. Thus far I've seen: NYY, MIN, TEX, OAK, CWS, DET, CHC, COL, SD, SF, ARI, D.C. (they'll have a new stadium this year, too), CIN, PIT, MIL, STL, I think I'm going to either Tampa or Toronto this year. Hopefully I can get to Shea at some point too. Fenway....I'll get to eventually. Maybe the team will be bad in a few years and it'll be cheaper. I find that, even with the Cubs when they sell out the whole year ahead of time, they release blocks of tickets the week of the game....they hold tons of tickets for MLB and the players and shit and if they aren't used, they release them for sale.

nice dude. i guess i'm only going to 2 games this year. last year, my mom got invited to some weird thing at fenway in the winter, where those people get the first tickets ever. so we saw 2 of the 3 games of the first series with the yankees. the games we saw were one where they came back from down 6-2 in the bottom of the 9th, and the other was the 4 solo hr's in a row. and then we went to four other games. going to only 2 this year, i'll feel empty.

Wrigley is never going to be torn down. It might be COMPLETELY renovated at some point, but there is no way they're ever getting rid of it. I don't even know how they could do it at this point, since the area is so congested. Comiskey and Chicago Stadium had plenty of room around them...Wrigley would have to be imploded or something.

I'm making it a point to see every MLB ballpark. Thus far I've seen: NYY, MIN, TEX, OAK, CWS, DET, CHC, COL, SD, SF, ARI, D.C. (they'll have a new stadium this year, too), CIN, PIT, MIL, STL, I think I'm going to either Tampa or Toronto this year. Hopefully I can get to Shea at some point too. Fenway....I'll get to eventually. Maybe the team will be bad in a few years and it'll be cheaper. I find that, even with the Cubs when they sell out the whole year ahead of time, they release blocks of tickets the week of the game....they hold tons of tickets for MLB and the players and shit and if they aren't used, they release them for sale.

might want to get to Shea soon. it's coming down. apple in a top hat and all.

i recall the time they were gonna raze fenway and move it either to south boston or leave it in the same area

they are pretty much gonna have to put seats on the lights at this point soon enough

on a local sports channel (nesn for you 617 reppers), they had old school sox from the 80's. no ads on the green monster, no corner seats, no monster seats, and mad empty chairs..

and the pats were maybe gonna move to CT in the early 90's..if anyone remembers that +1

Yeah, I need to see Shea this year. The Cubs are there in late September. Although the last time I saw the Cubs play the Mets in late September was fucking depressing (2004, where the Cubs were primed to win the wild card and then lost like 6 of their last 7, starting with a fucking 2 out 3 run homer by Victor Diaz in the 9th inning that tied the game up), it should be interesting this year, as both teams are likely going to be in the race.