Thursday/Underoath/.....and?

Underoath...meh, A skylight drive...less than meh, Animals as leaders...?, Thursday...serious let down since 2006.

Dave Fridmann is not who Thursday should be using. Taken from Fridmann's wiki "Fridmann often brings a distinctive, expansive, open sound to the albums he produces." This is not what I want from Thursday. That shit works for MGMT, The Flaming Lips, and Mogwai. What made Thursday great was balance between the calm and aggressive parts. Now all they have is an airy version of what they used to be. I loved the blatantly obvious metaphors of the earlier albums, but now the vocals are so lost in the mix it's like they don't exist.

Underoath...meh, A skylight drive...less than meh, Animals as leaders...?, Thursday...serious let down since 2006.

Dave Fridmann is not who Thursday should be using. Taken from Fridmann's wiki "Fridmann often brings a distinctive, expansive, open sound to the albums he produces." This is not what I want from Thursday. That shit works for MGMT, The Flaming Lips, and Mogwai. What made Thursday great was balance between the calm and aggressive parts. Now all they have is an airy version of what they used to be. I loved the blatantly obvious metaphors of the earlier albums, but now the vocals are so lost in the mix it's like they don't exist.

Yea Ive lost interest in Thursday. Wasnt really into their songs on the envy split and I wasnt that into Common Existence. Hoping to make it to this show to see them play Full Collapse tho...I remember seeing them touring for that album and holy shit was it awesome. I saw them play with Poison the Well and Thursday was heavier than PTW was live. Such a great show.

Dates/Venues were announced

Suprised this isnt at a bigger venue in So Cal

1/20/11 - Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live

1/22/11 - Dallas, TX @ The Palladium Ballroom

1/24/11 - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater

1/25/11 - Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theater

1/26/11 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues

1/27/11 - Anaheim, CA @ House of Blues

1/28/11 - Las Vegas, NV @ Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas

1/29/11 - San Diego, CA @ Soma

1/30/11 - San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom

2/01/11 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theatre

2/02/11 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo

2/03/11 - Spokane, WA @ Knitting Factory Concert House

2/04/11 - Boise, ID @ Knitting Factory Concert House

2/05/11 - Salt Lake City, UT @ In The Venue

2/06/11 - Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall

2/08/11 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue

2/09/11 - Chicago, IL @ House of Blues

2/10/11 - Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues

2/11/11 - Buffalo, NY @ The Town Ballroom

2/12/11 - Royal Oak, MI @ Royal Oak Music Theatre

2/13/11 - Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Concert Theatre

2/14/11 - Montreal, QC @ Metropolis

2/16/11 - Pittsburg, PA @ Club Zoo

2/17/11 - New York, NY @ Terminal 5

2/18/11 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium

2/19/11 - Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero

2/20/11 - New Haven, CT @ Toad's Place

2/22/11 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club

2/23/11 - Charlotte, NC @ Amo's Southend

2/24/11 - Knoxville, TN @ Valarium

2/25/11- Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade

2/26/11 - Lake Buena Vista, FL @ House of Blues

2/27/11 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution

Goddamn Thursday was amazing at the 930 club three or four years ago when they played with Murder by Death, Fear Before the March of Flames, anddd...well...heavy heavy low low (I don't give much shit about them).

Geoff talked about how they missed touring in a cramped, shitty van rather than a bus. I enjoyed that vent of his. But that show was insanely dehydrating for me which equals absolutely amazing.

Then a couple years ago they played with Portugal. The Man in a small ass venue which was EPIC.

Thursday just doesn't fit in with these bands. And for those who think Full Collapse is the best, no no no...it's definitely War All The Time! I love FC from start to finish, but good God War All The Time flows so smoothly.

Thursday just doesn't fit in with these bands. And for those who think Full Collapse is the best, no no no...it's definitely War All The Time! I love FC from start to finish, but good God War All The Time flows so smoothly.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head for me. I always saw similarities between Thursday and Glassjaw in that they are great when they are heavy (Full Collapse, EYEWTKAS) but then they put out an album that is a perfect mix of heavy and taking the foot off the gas (War All The Time, Worship & Tribute) it's a masterpiece.