Hellmouth - limited vinyl w/bible ashes pressed in

http://www.decibelmagazine.com/uncategorized/hellmouth-gives-us-a-song-burns-a-bible/

I was wondering what you guys think about this. Cheesy marketing ploy? Gonna pick one up?

I just wanna know what it will look like and how it'll sound.

I think it's a clever idea, but I'm sure this will be pricey even at cost.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Christian I'll pray for them and keep reading the bible that will be pressed in far larger quantities than their album.

just because something is more widely available doesn't make it better. I mean alot of people are buying Justin Beiber's cd... that doesn't make it actually good ;)

but if we're going to use your logic:

people tortured, killed and persecuted because of Hellmouth's record - 0

people tortured, killed, and persecuted because of the bible - too numerous to list

Where the hell can i buy that? thats pretty cool.

It's not available for preorder, but Paper And Plastic are doing it. I'd assume it'll go up for sale someone on the 16th and will probably be expensive.

It's kind of hard to take these guys serious with that shitty Euro-metal promo pic of them burning that fucking thing.

It's not available for preorder, but Paper And Plastic are doing it. I'd assume it'll go up for sale som time on the 16th and will probably be expensive.

It's kind of hard to take these guys serious with that shitty Euro-metal promo pic of them burning that fucking thing.

It's not available for preorder, but Paper And Plastic are doing it. I'd assume it'll go up for sale someone on the 16th and will probably be expensive.

if you saw the band live, it'd be a lot easier to take them serious!

As a Christian I'll pray for them and keep reading the bible that will be pressed in far larger quantities than their album.

just because something is more widely available doesn't make it better. I mean alot of people are buying Justin Beiber's cd... that doesn't make it actually good ;)

but if we're going to use your logic:

people tortured, killed and persecuted because of Hellmouth's record - 0

people tortured, killed, and persecuted because of the bible - too numerous to list

So basically, Justin Bieber tortures, kills, and persecutes numerous people.

good lesson for the day.

So i make it a point not to concern myself with online debates on religion, and this is no different. I just think that their words could have been chosen a bit more carefully. It doesn't seem like they were focusing on "the contents" of the book, moreso the application (or misapplication) of said contents. Like any piece of strong literature, its possible to validate a multitude of different perspectives with the bible, often conflicting. Focusing solely on the violence and bloodshed propagated by the bible reflects moreso something about that person, not the Bible itself. Sure, it has been used countless times to reinforce political propaganda, causing humanity to do terrible things all in the name of somebody's personal gain. However, that is an issue of a particular ruling populace's construction at that given time, not the bible in and of itself. I also don't see what they are doing as "wrong" or "evil" necessarily, but i do however see this as a complete PR stunt that will without a doubt sell records because of its "oooh" factor, so good for them haha.

I just hope the music on this biblewax is also worth the interest their whole idea has sparked (The track won't load on the slow library connection right now).

are you really bringing up the theatrical aspects of metal/hard music?

dude, people have done controversial shit like this for years. Venom, Slayer, Ozzy/Black Sabbath.

and fucks sake. the bible says its cool to stone kids to death.

and

They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

Not really. Those bands also buy into it, and its awesome. If Gorgoroth pressed a record full of goat's blood and broken crosses, I'd say the same thing (Gaal, if you're reading this, do it.) I love the cheesiness of metal, and don't think what those guys are doing or have done is wrong/evil/what-have-you, but I also recognize that adding those theatrics to their music is what helps sell records. For all I know, Hellmouth kills, but I've never listened to them. It has been put on the to-do list though.

and fucks sake. the bible says its cool to stone kids to death.

and you're right. thats also all it says.