Asian Man 15 Years Anniversary

From Mike Park's newsletter:

Ok….. SO….. ASIAN MAN turns 15 next year. Shoooootzzzz.. . that’s a long time I’ve been doing this. Even though it feels like I just started this recently. Anyways, I guess that’s a good thing that it still feels fresh.

So what does this mean? Well, here’s what I have planned.

On June 16th, 17th, and 18th we’ll take over two clubs in San Francisco, California. THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL and THE PARKSIDE. Both clubs are located on 17th street and only a 5 minute walk apart.

We will have shows going simultaneously at both venues on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. We’ll do the wristband option for the whole weekend so you can bounce back and forth to both clubs and we’ll also sell individual tickets to each show.

I am trying to get every single band that ever put a release out on asian man to participate. And yes, I realize that will be impossible, but I’m going try and pull some miracles. Wish me luck. I’m excited to say so far I’ve gotten MU330 to commit to doing this and also the almighty SLOW GHERKIN. But yeah, I’m seriously going after some bands that you will freak out if they commit.

These are small clubs too. Both are only around 350 capacity spaces, so we’ll have a great atmosphere for every show. And it will be in the best city in the whole wide world. SAN FRANCISCO!!! YAY!!!

Basically, I’ve just started contacting bands, but I expect at least 50 bands. Each week I’ll update the bands confirmed to play, but yeah.. just wanted to get the word out there and I’ll keep you posted on all the goodness to come.

Be well.

Peace, mike park

Seeing MU330 would be awesome.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for a Link 80 reunion oh please oh please.

That wouldn't be too impossible. I think most of the dudes are still friends. I'd be super stoked to see that.

This is going to make that one strip between the clubs just a mess for three days. Should be awesome. I know Mike loves BOTH but I'd think like DNA lounge and Slims might work better size wise if they could get them to agree to it. Oh well.

Skankin' Pickle is reuniting today, doing a song for Yo Gabba Gabba. I don't know when it will air though.

It's for the live show today in San Francisco. I think it's just Mike and a few members of Monkey playing.

As for the anniversary thing, it should be awesome!

i've seen so many ads for this on the bart and don't understand what it is