must own PS3 games?

Already been said, but Infamous. It's so good and its way cheap now.

Edit: Also, not sure how much of a hardcore gamer you are, but if you're up for a challenge, Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games of the past 5 years. It just got the greatest hits treatment so it should be cheap as well.

Already been said, but Infamous. It's so good and its way cheap now.

Best Buy had it on sale for $30 the week after it came out so it could catch up to Prototype in sales. I hate spending a lot of games, so I decided to pick it up on a whim. I've played it through a couple times now and I love it!

I'd play both Uncharted 1 & 2, they're amazing games. I think everyone needs to play Heavy Rain. Not everyone may like it, but it's a unique experience with some compelling storytelling. Beyond that, Red Dead Redemption is very solid and I've always been a big fan of the Ratchet & Clank series.

Come this spring, add Shadow Of The Colossus to the list.

Uncharted II may be my favorite game of all time. The first Uncharted is also very good. Quite surprised that no one has mentioned God of War III. That game was massive amounts of fun. Heavy Rain, MGS IV and the Ratchet & Clank series are all excellent games.

Borderlands and Red Dead Redemption are multiplatform. Both are great games. Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and the Bioshock series are also highly recommended mutliplatforms.

Haven't played most of the games listed in this thread so far (just the show and madden), but my favorites have been God of War 3, Resident Evil 5, and Red Dead Redemption.

I couldn't get into Fallout 3 at all. Felt like I was reading one of those books you get in elementary school--

"You find a dead body in the road" Do you:

A) Search the body

B) Call the sheriff

C) Do Nothing

I'd rather just have the story given to me...