6131 2011 vinyl subscription

Again I'm a bit confused by what ACTUALLY happens at 6131. If No Sleep handles their mail order...........what does he do besides sign bands and not handle the mail order. I guess to me it would make more sense if these records were being put out by No Sleep.

Funny you should mention that. Since 6131 announced they "signed" Run Forever they've appeared on 2 No Sleep releases, ha.

I just don't see what the upside is for No Sleep to basically run a distro exclusively for 6131. If Joey and whoever else are not mailing records out for their label to people...again wtf do you really do?

I would imagine they get a cut of the sales. That's their benefit. 6131 probably handles the recording/pressing stuff and that's it.

Or they could be laying around in a warehouse in some random box underneath some shit and Joey mismanaged his shit which I wouldn't put beyond the guy, and maybe JUST MAYBE I personally know someone who has access to the place where these lost oddities may reside. 

Mhm. Yes, we know. You have "connections" from what I remember.

Is that really that odd of a thing to imagine though?

What, that they share a warehouse? Or that he "mismanaged" some records that he held onto for 3 years? Or that he knows someone who has access to them that would steal and ship them out to people (which is illegal...you know, theft.)

So what does 6131 have to do with the warehouse? Why does Joey have to ship things to No Sleep when he has a warehouse with them?

The question I was addressing and I guess I should've made that more clear was what benefit does No Sleep get in doing 6131's mail orders. 

I'm not sure about specifics in terms of if NS gets money out of it or what not. They share the same warehouse and No Sleep has the manning to ship out the orders, where as 6131 is like three guys.

Joey gets stuff sent to the warehouse as a way to inventory his products? I'm really confused about your questions to be honest.

The question I was addressing and I guess I should've made that more clear was what benefit does No Sleep get in doing 6131's mail orders. 

I'm not sure about specifics in terms of if NS gets money out of it or what not. They share the same warehouse and No Sleep has the manning to ship out the orders, where as 6131 is like three guys.

Joey gets stuff sent to the warehouse as a way to inventory his products? I'm really confused about your questions to be honest.

Even from what you just said, it seems less like they "share a warehouse" and more like: No Sleep has a warehouse. They do mail order for 6131, but 6131 has nothing invested in the warehouse.

What other reason than money would No Sleep have to do mailorder for 6131...? They love doing free work for dudes who seem to be shady guys.

Even from what you just said, it seems less like they "share a warehouse" and more like: No Sleep has a warehouse. They do mail order for 6131, but 6131 has nothing invested in the warehouse.

What other reason than money would No Sleep have to do mailorder for 6131...? They love doing free work for dudes who seem to be shady guys.

What does it matter if 6131 has anything invested in the warehouse or not? Their stuff is there. I don't understand why you're getting into the semantics of it.

Like I said I don't know the specifics of what No Sleep gets out of it. All I was trying to say was that it was convenient between the two companies that No Sleep to handle the shipping and inventory, otherwise why wouldn't 6131 inventory and ship on their own?

What does it matter if 6131 has anything invested in the warehouse or not? Their stuff is there. I don't understand why you're getting into the semantics of it.

Like I said I don't know the specifics of what No Sleep gets out of it. All I was trying to say was that it was convenient between the two companies that No Sleep to handle the shipping and inventory, otherwise why wouldn't 6131 inventory and ship on their own?

If they don't have

A: a monetary stake in the warehouse

or

B: any staff there

They don't "share" the warehouse.

That's what it matters.

As you said, they don't have manpower to ship their own stuff, that's why they don't do it. I would assume, and I could be wrong, that they pay a small fee to store their stuff in No Sleep's warehouse, and pay a fee on each item that is shipped out.

Ahh I get it now, you're just being picky about my choice of words. Got it boss.

Mmmm. Somewhat... But sharing a warehouse implies more than a contractor/contractee connection between the two companies.  I think I'm done with this thread though. Like 6131 in the warehouse, I have no investment here. ::rimshot:: Aaaaaaand...I'm out.

What, that they share a warehouse? Or that he "mismanaged" some records that he held onto for 3 years? Or that he knows someone who has access to them that would steal and ship them out to people (which is illegal...you know, theft.)

Dude you jump to crazy conclusions. I was first off saying is it that hard to believe JetBoy knows someone at 6131 or maybe even No Sleep? Why you think that is some ridiculous idea I don't know and I don't know why you immediately thought oh ok they are going to just steal these records and ship them. All I'm saying.

Dude you jump to crazy conclusions. I was first off saying is it that hard to believe JetBoy knows someone at 6131 or maybe even No Sleep? Why you think that is some ridiculous idea I don't know and I don't know why you immediately thought oh ok they are going to just steal these records and ship them. All I'm saying.

Maybe read the rest of the thread... I jumped to no conclusions. (the stealing records part was sarcasm)