Boardwalk empire

I called Tommy having something to do with the way everything panned out before the season started, but I'm still not all that surprised that they killed them. Like Capone said in a previous episode when the guy was talking about making a movie about a gangster "and I bet the guy gets it in the end, right?"

My biggest question is with the role of the young boy, who has to be Tommy Darmondy. If he was there to kill Nucky, he had his chance this last episode. Gillian is in this season for a reason. I think that she was writing to Tommy and told him what Nucky did to her with the Commodore, and Tommy will get Nucky to help get Gillian out. We see Nucky starting to finally feel responsible for what he did. Right after the flashback where he first meets young Gillian, he says "why would you trust me" as he is reliving that scene.

boom!  wow.  i had a feeling nuck was gonna die but didn't think it'd be at the hands of tommy.  wow.

and ya, harrow's death was probably the toughest for me.

chalky's was a bummer but i saw that one coming, too.  glad they knocked off narcisse though.  i hated that guy and i'm glad he didn't really get to live on.  even with whatever arrangement nucky made for gillian, man...  she's still stuck in that crazy house and i guess they already did that operation on her abdomen, too.  UGH.

I'm satisfied with how things wrapped up, seemed like everything came full circle. This show did an AMAZING job of casting, so many great characters from season to season. My only gripe is that I wish the series finale would've been 2 hours long.

HBO doesn't deviate from their mold when it comes to series finales. Always an hour, never 2.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the useless bump but I finally got around to finishing this.

Although I really liked how it was Tommy, I did really want nucky to live.

Great show though , and incredible casting. For those that have never heard about "peaky blinders" I'd check it out, similar vibe, just a little earlier and the other side of the pond.