Warped Tour 2012 thread

mclz

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st world problem of the day:

"band name is too vague for me to find their mp3s on google or mediafire. Why won't these bands think about the internet when picking a name!"

Actually I think the problem is bigger for the band than for fans. If fans can't find your music cause your name is vague, most of them will just find something else.

I mean if I opened a private preschool and named it "The Lil Rape Factory" I wouldn't be surprised if parents took their kids elsewhere.

Come on. We're all getting older. If you went to Warped Tour five years ago and haven't been since you probably won't like the bands this year and you shouldn't. They are the bands kids like NOW.

Keep an open mind though. Remember, the kids -- not washed up punks -- are the future of music.

Remember, the kids -- not washed up punks -- are the future of music.

Yeah, but the kids are still fucking it up. I mean, I don't even see how some of the stuff that ends up on this tour is fun to watch, even if you like it.

Whatever though, tour has Set Your Goals, Foxy Shazam, and The Wonder Years. Don't know if I'll go, but that's pretty good in my book.

"band name is too vague for me to find their mp3s on google or mediafire. Why won't these bands think about the internet when picking a name!"

sebastien grainger should have thought of this when he and his bandmate named their band "bad tits"

----------------------------------

and speaking of sebastien grainger, I just read that DFA 1979 are playing at coachella... please make new music...!

Actually I think the problem is bigger for the band than for fans. If fans can't find your music cause your name is vague, most of them will just find something else.

I mean if I opened a private preschool and named it "The Lil Rape Factory" I wouldn't be surprised if parents took their kids elsewhere.

This analogy makes no sense at all.

This analogy makes no sense at all.

This.

For the past five years, the Warped lineup has always had about 10-13 bands that I'd legitimately like to see. I just hate how the majority of them usually coincide with each other's set time. It's too long of a day and too damn hot for me to go anymore. I think they do a good job catering to everyone's tastes, regardless of the amount of shit pop/dance bands they seem to put on these days. I also like how the mainstage bands get close to an hours set now. Despite that, I can't see myself going to warped tour unless the lineup was something out of 1997.

what sucks about this is they wont be revealing who is playing what shows until the end. Get excited for a band and then find out months later they arent actually playing your date? sucks. Hellogoodbye at least revealed themselves they are only playing the first two weeks, which will at least get them at one socal show.

i was interested in hearing lionize since they are opening up the Terrible Things, Streetlight Manifesto, AL4W tour here, but after this thread, maybe im not too excited to hear them.