Official AP Bashing Thread (Cockbag Content)

drabley

[image]

Who needs cred when you're having fun? Is that, like, the AP slogan or something?

Also, the site I got this image from is good for some laughs.

Best Music Magazines

The economy has taken a rough turn in the past few years, most notably this year and music magazines are starting to feel the heat. Is it because the internet makes it so much easier to read music news or because having a physical magazine is a hassle? I personally love getting a magazine, especially if my favorite band is on the front cover (or in it at all). In my experience as a bandom fangirl, I’d like to recommend a few magazines that really hit you with the latest music.

Alternative Press

* The best magazine I’ve ever read

* Covers music, fashion, video games, anime, movies, anything band related, gadgets etc

* Album reviewers are (in my opinion) spot on, Scott Heisel is my favorite

* the clothes they advertise are awesome

* The hometown heroes section allows up and coming bands to get recognition

* The photography is amazing, each shot of the band is unique and modern

* It’s a true fan experience, reading about your favorite bands and other readers’ opinions too

* Even if you’re not a music buff, it offers plenty of opportunities to teach you about the music and the scene, about the fashion and instruments.

* Really a great buy!

* All I've ever wanted was someone to tell me how to dress, what to listen to, how to act, what I like, and how to fit into a scene (cause that's all the cute guy with the sweepdo that works in the mall cares about)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[image]

Are jackets like these still fashionable?

Only if you're wearing the aforementioned white knee socks, desert boots, and shorts. I suspect both of these chaps are.

3OH!3 are awesome. I especially like how they spelled out the 0 in their name and added an exclamation mark! I'm going to do that from now on! The year is 2OH!1OH!

Santiago,

You should totally change the name of your band to Worldwide ZOH!OH! Exclamation marks are hot and all of the coolest bands are doing it. And you should read AP to get some fashion and hair advice. Long hair is sooooo 1992 (the year I was born!!) Your band could be so awesome and everyone in my class thinks so. Also, use one of those voice things so you sound like T-Pain when you sing. That would be very cool.

Love,

FangurlOH!3

PS

Wear white knee socks.

PSS

You should tour with 3OH!3. They're my favorite.

PSSS

I also really like Cobra Starship. You should be friends with them!

PSSSS

Let's be super cool internet besties on myspace!!!!

i've seen "edge" kids wear them. but other than that. i think they are only fashionable in high school.(shrugs shoulders)

Do not lump us "edge" kids in with these douches! Everything is better with exclamation points!

if you're wearing a letterman after high school it's equally retarded. doesn't matter who you are.

besides calling or referring to yourself or anything as "EDGE" is silly and equally pointless. It's like calling yourself "Punk". just tacky. i totally back the whole idea behind it though (minus the violence)

that being said, I don't read AP because i don't really care for most of the bands, but i'll totally buy a issue if there's something interesting to read. I don't vest time in hating on them because their criteria of music isn't suited to me. They do throw some killer parties during sxsw though. Maybe i'm just old and don't really care. But a little ribbing here and there isn't so bad i guess. I'm totally still gonna make a issue i'd like to see just for shits and giggles if i have time.

Do not lump us "edge" kids in with these douches! Everything is better with exclamation points!

if you're wearing a letterman after high school it's equally retarded. doesn't matter who you are.

besides calling or referring to yourself or anything as "EDGE" is silly and equally pointless. It's like calling yourself "Punk". just tacky.

that being said, I don't read AP because i don't really care for most of the bands, but i'll totally buy a issue if there's something interesting to read. I don't vest time in hating on them because their criteria of music isn't suited to me. They do throw some killer parties during sxsw though. Maybe i'm just old and don't really care. But a little ribbing here and there isn't so bad i guess. I'm totally still gonna make a issue i'd like to see just for shits and giggles if i have time.

i claim edge and i'm proud of it. don't really care what other people think of me doing so. i shrug at your statement, sir!

also, your last argument is something i totally agree with. ive known people who were so 'anti-preppy' that they made fun of american eagle and other stores like that. while i admit that i don't want a graphic t with a giant logo and some non-clever phrase on it, and most of the guys that work there are huge bros, their jeans fit me great and i love a lot of their sweaters. people miss out sometimes because of their pre-conceived notions and backwards thinking.

Good god, I cant believe people do wear those dumb jackets. They are the same jackets that the jocks and assholes wore that beat us up in high school. Thank God AP is here to tell me its cool for me to wear them now. And with that fancy throwback hair style too.

I am convinced you are a fake poster. No one can be this ignorant on accident.

besides calling or referring to yourself or anything as "EDGE" is silly and equally pointless. It's like calling yourself "Punk". just tacky.

i claim edge and i'm proud of it. don't really care what other people think of me doing so. i shrug at your statement, sir!

also, your last argument is something i totally agree with. ive known people who were so 'anti-preppy' that they made fun of american eagle and other stores like that. while i admit that i don't want a graphic t with a giant logo and some non-clever phrase on it, and most of the guys that work there are huge bros, their jeans fit me great and i love a lot of their sweaters. people miss out sometimes because of their pre-conceived notions and backwards thinking.

oh shit, you missed what i added.

people make fun of american eagle clothing? i don't wear american eagle, but if something's comfortable, hell. i'm personally a dickies kinda guy. i think their jeans are comfortable from the get go. they have really good jackets too for the price. I think carhartt jackets are probably my fav, even though they are a drastic price increase :(. They fit me perfectly and feel really comfortable. Clothes are like guitars. you buy what suits you well, brand shouldn't matter. Except in the case of Lettermans, though i hear they are pretty good in cold weather. Never owned one, even in high school. I just don't like how they look. Much like early 80's clothing that people sometimes wear.

people make fun of american eagle clothing? i don't wear american eagle, but if something's comfortable, hell. i'm personally a dickies kinda guy. i think their jeans are comfortable from the get go. they have really good jackets too for the price. I think carhartt jackets are probably my fav, even though they are a drastic price increase :(. They fit me perfectly and feel really comfortable. Clothes are like guitars. you buy what suits you well, brand shouldn't matter. Except in the case of Lettermans, though i hear they are pretty good in cold weather. Never owned one, even in high school.

i went back and read it, don't worry. using the word 'edge' is just an easier way of explaining my lifestyle choice to people. unless it's someone over the age of 50 who has no idea what that means. then it just becomes a huge confusing hassle, haha.

and i don't know if it was so much making fun of AE as it was a knee jerk 'eewwww that's a preppy/bro store' reaction; moreso in high school and college than now.

i wasn't cool enough to get a letterman jacket in high school. nor was i cool enough to date someone who wore one. maybe now i can get that chance with the wicked sweet edge ones!

Good god, I cant believe people do wear those dumb jackets. They are the same jackets that the jocks and assholes wore that beat us up in high school. Thank God AP is here to tell me its cool for me to wear them now. And with that fancy throwback hair style too.

Its not ignorance, its sarcasm that you apparently dont get. "jocks and assholes" is a straight reference from Against Me! for gods sake.

Its not ignorance, its sarcasm that you apparently dont get. "jocks and assholes" is a straight reference from Against Me! for gods sake.

If I have to tell you again to keep gay bands out of this thread, I'm going to have to ban you.

people make fun of american eagle clothing? i don't wear american eagle, but if something's comfortable, hell. i'm personally a dickies kinda guy. i think their jeans are comfortable from the get go. they have really good jackets too for the price. I think carhartt jackets are probably my fav, even though they are a drastic price increase :(. They fit me perfectly and feel really comfortable. Clothes are like guitars. you buy what suits you well, brand shouldn't matter. Except in the case of Lettermans, though i hear they are pretty good in cold weather. Never owned one, even in high school.

i went back and read it, don't worry. using the word 'edge' is just an easier way of explaining my lifestyle choice to people. unless it's someone over the age of 50 who has no idea what that means. then it just becomes a huge confusing hassle, haha.

and i don't know if it was so much making fun of AE as it was a knee jerk 'eewwww that's a preppy/bro store' reaction; moreso in high school and college than now.

i wasn't cool enough to get a letterman jacket in high school. nor was i cool enough to date someone who wore one. maybe now i can get that chance with the wicked sweet edge ones!

Isnt it great telling someone youre straight edge and they got no idea what the hell you are talking about? Then you tell them and they look at you like you are some sort of abomination? Thats what most people do when I tell them. "why wouldnt you wanna drink!"

If I have to tell you again to keep gay bands out of this thread, I'm going to have to ban you.

PM5K wasnt my fault, I labeled them gay, others wanted to talk about their greatness!

Isnt it great telling someone youre straight edge and they got no idea what the hell you are talking about? Then you tell them and they look at you like you are some sort of abomination? Thats what most people do when I tell them. "why wouldnt you wanna drink!"

sometimes i feel like i can see someone struggling to process the fact that i'm 25, have tattoos, and listen to the music that i do, and yet i don't drink, and then i can literally see their brain exploding.

i know how the panda bear at the zoo feels on a daily basis. a truly rare marvel!

i seriously had to explain to my friend what "edge" meant the other night when i saw a 'XXX' bumper sticker on a beat ass hoopty covered in misfits stickers.. she's a drinker and a weed smoker (aka 'fun') our age. had no idea. haha

ps. yeah yeah that was a little sxe jab ;) but f'reals i'm just kitten around too! do what you do, you crazy kids.