Official AP Bashing Thread (Cockbag Content)

drabley

You own records from more than 40 former AP cover stars. I still don't understand why people can have so much contempt for something that covers things they like.

I like movies too, but that doesn't mean I watch TMZ regardless of how many times they mention people in movies I own.

You might have an artist on the cover I like, but that doesn't change the fact that your magazine is still trash.

But that doesn't explain *why* you have such contempt for something that shares your interests. It's easy to slag something; try offering constructive criticism sometime. Be honest: Have you *ever* read AP with any level of consistency before?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its cause the magazine has gone down hill in the past 5 years? Maybe its cause the music reviews suck? Maybe cause its filled with fucking ads yet the price goes up and up. Maybe its got a terrible art department. (Remember that sweet dashboard cover with the door to his heart open, I am a huge Chris Carrabba fan and even I thought that was fucking lame).

Maybe its cause the magazine has gone down hill in the past 5 years? Maybe its cause the music reviews suck? Maybe cause its filled with fucking ads yet the price goes up and up. Maybe its got a terrible art department. (Remember that sweet dashboard cover with the door to his heart open, I am a huge Chris Carrabba fan and even I thought that was fucking lame).

How has the magazine gone downhill? Like, what are specific things you think have gotten worse that you once enjoyed?

Also, our ad/edit ratio is better than most other magazines you'd find at a bookstore. It's generally 40/60.

I have literally zero say in what the art department decides to do, so i can't comment on that.

I don't mind if people don't like AP; all I ever ask is that they explain themselves. Shitting on something just to shit on it is small-minded.

How has the magazine gone downhill? Like, what are specific things you think have gotten worse that you once enjoyed?

Also, our ad/edit ratio is better than most other magazines you'd find at a bookstore. It's generally 40/60.

I have literally zero say in what the art department decides to do, so i can't comment on that.

I don't mind if people don't like AP; all I ever ask is that they explain themselves. Shitting on something just to shit on it is small-minded.

I've only ever bought a couple issues of AP in my life, and they were ones that had bands I liked on the cover. Lars Frederickson in 2003 (?) and Against Me! in 2008. It obviously wasn't my thing to the degree that I've only ever bought a couple, but whenever I thumb through an issue at a friends house, there's usually some smaller articles on bands I like (I remember an O Pioneers!!! in the last one I read).

As I said, the art is fucking terrible. Thats a big reason why I wont pick up the mag. If I actually do, the reviews are terribly written and make the writer sound pretentious. The articles rarely give insight at all to the band. You come to expect the same thing written about every band. But mostly its the music they cover. Any magazine telling me that My Dinosaur Life is the best album of 2010 just needs to be done with. I couldnt care less about All Time Low, Cobra Starship, The Maine, 3OH3, etc etc. . Now any band someone over the age of 15 likes they just put them in the "oral history of..." which is all stuff you pretty much know if you are a fan of the band. But what else would you expect from a rag that put Orgy, Korn (in makeup), Rob Zombie, Sugar Ray, Creed, ICP, Powerman 5000 etc etc as its cover stories. Soooo cutting edge.

As I said, the art is fucking terrible. Thats a big reason why I wont pick up the mag. If I actually do, the reviews are terribly written and make the writer sound pretentious. The articles rarely give insight at all to the band. You come to expect the same thing written about every band. But mostly its the music they cover. Any magazine telling me that My Dinosaur Life is the best album of 2010 just needs to be done with. I couldnt care less about All Time Low, Cobra Starship, The Maine, 3OH3, etc etc. . Now any band someone over the age of 15 likes they just put them in the "oral history of..." which is all stuff you pretty much know if you are a fan of the band. But what else would you expect from a rag that put Orgy, Korn (in makeup), Rob Zombie, Sugar Ray, Creed, ICP, Powerman 5000 etc etc as its cover stories. Soooo cutting edge.

Hey now.... PM5K is most excellent.....

Hey now.... PM5K is most excellent.....

Tonight The Stars Revolt is some fun shit.

Everything after that is not worth the time

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':x4etrati]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':x4etrati]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

I really can't understand. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you don't hear me complaining that Women's Wear Monthly doesn't have any clothing ideas I can identify with. That's because it's NOT WRITTEN FOR ME!!!!

They also dont try to tell you that it is written for you, or have their cult of workers on message boards looking for ways to prove that it is.

I really can't understand. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you don't hear me complaining that Women's Wear Monthly doesn't have any clothing ideas I can identify with. That's because it's NOT WRITTEN FOR ME!!!!

They also dont try to tell you that it is written for you, or have their cult of workers on message boards looking for ways to prove that it is.

truth.