Official AP Bashing Thread (Cockbag Content)

drabley

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santiago,

You should totally change the name of your band to Worldwide ZOH!OH! Exclamation marks are hot and all of the coolest bands are doing it. And you should read AP to get some fashion and hair advice. Long hair is sooooo 1992 (the year I was born!!) Your band could be so awesome and everyone in my class thinks so. Also, use one of those voice things so you sound like T-Pain when you sing. That would be very cool.

Love,

FangurlOH!3

PS

Wear white knee socks.

PSS

You should tour with 3OH!3. They're my favorite.

PSSS

I also really like Cobra Starship. You should be friends with them!

PSSSS

Let's be super cool internet besties on myspace!!!!

yOH!u are t3h b3st3st int3rn3tz fri3nd in th3 WHOH!L3 WOH!RLD!!!! :-*

..............+1

if you're wearing a letterman after high school it's equally retarded. doesn't matter who you are.

besides calling or referring to yourself or anything as "EDGE" is silly and equally pointless. It's like calling yourself "Punk". just tacky.

that being said, I don't read AP because i don't really care for most of the bands, but i'll totally buy a issue if there's something interesting to read. I don't vest time in hating on them because their criteria of music isn't suited to me. They do throw some killer parties during sxsw though. Maybe i'm just old and don't really care. But a little ribbing here and there isn't so bad i guess. I'm totally still gonna make a issue i'd like to see just for shits and giggles if i have time.

i claim edge and i'm proud of it. don't really care what other people think of me doing so. i shrug at your statement, sir!

also, your last argument is something i totally agree with. ive known people who were so 'anti-preppy' that they made fun of american eagle and other stores like that. while i admit that i don't want a graphic t with a giant logo and some non-clever phrase on it, and most of the guys that work there are huge bros, their jeans fit me great and i love a lot of their sweaters. people miss out sometimes because of their pre-conceived notions and backwards thinking.

I'm surprised I missed that post hahaha

I've worked at AE for 5 years, and in no way am I a bromandudedawgguy. AE will always have their preppy polos, but they're style has changed over the last couple years to, let's say, "indie" -- plaids and flannels galore!

It could just be Winchester, VA, but as of right now there are no preppy, double-popped collar dudes who bathe in cologne and shit gold bars. And in the half a goddamn decade I've been there, I believe we've only had a few, but they didn't last long because they realized they belonged to Hollister.

My bfff Baker (on here he's Input to String) has had a beard reaching his sternum while working at AE, and plenty of his tats showing through his AWK outfits -- so when we get in the hipsters who are too fucking cool for AE, we can't help but laugh.

And yes, our jeans do rule. And by the way, I hooked up Cesar with a jacket, so A-Honey, if you want some jeans, just HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA.

And props to AE for creating this hat:

[image]

...and if you do not see the joke in it, then I would recommend not responding to it with something like "THATZ SO FUKIN GAY! AE IZ STUPID!"

see look, pictures all look the same too in these magazines.

look at this, this a picture of a band you have never heard named Iron Man, They are a doom metal band and are heavy as shit.

Look at this picture. it is fucking glorious.

[image]

NO FASHION NEEDED.

Dude looks like Tim Reid from Sister Sister, but angrier

[image]

see look, pictures all look the same too in these magazines.

look at this, this a picture of a band you have never heard named Iron Man, They are a doom metal band and are heavy as shit.

Look at this picture. it is fucking glorious.

[image]

NO FASHION NEEDED.

Dude looks like Jefferson Twilight

[image]