shitty virgil situation

podface

Okay so heres the issue:

Last Christmas, my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I suggested a vc gift card. Ive been a loyal vc customer for about 2 years at that time, and I knew it would have been more useful than the rush hour special edition 3-pack dvd set I got the year before (she may be clueless but she means well.) So, apparently, as this is all I told her, when anyone asked her advice as to what to get me last year, she said vc gift cards. By the end of Christmas, I had about $250 in vc credit. I went on a shopping spree, getting the stuff I’ve been waiting to pick up after the holidays, and then I saved the rest. A couple of months later... vc wasn’t a distro anymore.

So with about $200 of store credit left over, I emailed virgil, telling him about the situation. He told me he’d be able to transfer the GCs over to interpunk if necessary, but he’d prefer I spent some of it at the VC store. Even though I picked up all I really wanted by then, I tried to use some of it up with some stuff I was a bit interested in or curious about.

Then I heard nothing from virgil for a month or 2. Finally, after a few emails, he let me know that the whole relationship with interpunk wasn’t what he expected, and that he would prefer if I used up some of the GCs on his auction site and then we could “work out something” with the rest of it. I was a bit bummed, but my thought at the time was ‘it is what it is.’ I knew he was getting in a bit deep with labels and such, so I wasn’t gonna make a huge stink about it – plus, he was attempting to work things out – even in an untimely fashion. But then – no response again. Not even to the list I sent him.

This was the summer. Since then, I haven’t gotten one response, even with the persistent emails. I’ve always been respectful, kind, and totally up for working something out… but at this point, it seems like hes making away with $200 for nothing.

Obviously, its been over a year since it happened – I always considered posting it on the board, but I felt weird about it. One, it wasn’t really my money, but they were gifts purchased for me and the situation seems pretty unfair. Two, I realized labels (that I personally respect) might be getting fucked over way more than I am, and I felt like my situation was a bit petty in comparison. And three, I don’t really want this to explode into a virgil-hate-fest live ive seen previously. But maybe this is a way to get his attention, or get some advice from you guys on what I should do. Was it just bad timing and am I totally fucked? I don’t know, I just wish I’d get a response.

(wow.. didn’t mean to make it this long, sorry.)

Is there any place these could be used still? Is there still a vc store?

Why not try selling them off in the sell/trade board on here? You could try doing a "planning to buy from VC?" thread and offer a $50 gift card for 40 or 45 or maybe a 20 for 25... You make some money, the guys that bought the giftcard from you save some money...

Virgil really turned out to be a crook.

Sad and true. There have been a few SH releases lately that I've wanted, but just refuse to support him when he doesn't answer e-mails or respond to anyone that has a problem with him. If he was actively trying to make these things right, it'd be different, but he just ignores it and hope it goes away.

"I feel as though I was put on this Earth as an Independent Music Evangelist. It is hard-wired into my DNA and I cannot imagine doing anything else."

So what you are saying is you cannot imagine doing anything else but ripping people off who were trying to help your sorry ass. ::)

Your DNA fucked over a lot of people buddy...tighten the fuck up! >:(

For situations like this, id recommend contacting the BBB.

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

Business Name: Suburban Home Records and Distribution

Denver, CO 80204

Will then be sent to: BBB of Denver / Boulder Colorado

See if that does anything.