PO: CIRCA SURVIVE Blue Sky Noise Deluxe 2xLP

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This price does suck but I can kind of see the rationale now. I've bought plenty of 2XLP's around the $24.99 range and if you factor in the Appendage download, that probably constitutes about $4.99 of the price and it all pretty much adds up. That said, $24.99 is on the higher end of most of the 2XLP's that I've bought retail.

I'd much rather not have the Appendage download and pay less for the package overall. I'm not super fond of the idea of paying for material that's digital only. Now if there were a CD of Appendage packed in there, I could have easily justified getting this.

The new Oceanic RE reissue has a package that looks far more costly than what what this LP's package is being described as and you could get it from $18.99 to $20.99. The vinyl weight itself is no 180 grams but it can't be much more than 40 to 60 grams less than 180. I wonder how much more value those grams add to the cost.

This price does suck but I can kind of see the rationale now. I've bought plenty of 2XLP's around the $24.99 range and if you factor in the Appendage download, that probably constitutes about $4.99 of the price and it all pretty much adds up. That said, $24.99 is on the higher end of most of the 2XLP's that I've bought retail.

I'd much rather not have the Appendage download and pay less for the package overall. I'm not super fond of the idea of paying for material that's digital only. Now if there were a CD of Appendage packed in there, I could have easily justified getting this.

The new Oceanic RE reissue has a package that looks far more costly than what what this LP's package is being described as and you could get it from $18.99 to $20.99. The vinyl weight itself is no 180 grams but it can't be much more than 40 to 60 grams less than 180. I wonder how much more value those grams add to the cost.

next to none. its the business overhead that atlantic expects you to pay for.

It also includes a full download of blue sky noise

Yes, but that means next no to nothing in terms of cost. You're already paying for the material in terms of the vinyl itself. The only reason the Appendage download plays a legitimate part in the cost is because its extraneous material the ownership of which must be compensated for.

No offense to Circa Survive -- I love the band -- but the Isis record is a classic and without peer. If you're on the fence and can only get one, go with "Oceanic." I listened to that record every day for a year when it came out.

i think he was just comparing the quality of the release from record weight to record packaging. the Oceanic packaging was very well done and only $20.

i didn't hesitate a second on the Isis repress but i'm on the fence about this deluxe BSN. i would really like a 2xLP version for the sound benefits but i don't know if i'll get around to it.

No offense to Circa Survive -- I love the band -- but the Isis record is a classic and without peer. If you're on the fence and can only get one, go with "Oceanic." I listened to that record every day for a year when it came out.

Yeah, deafmx has it right. I'm quite seasoned when it comes to the wearing out of Oceanic on multiple mediums. I own a whopping 12 copies of the fuckin' thing on vinyl including all variants of this new press.

I was just pointing out the ridiculous cost difference between two recently released records and juxtaposed values of each. I own the fuck out of Oceanic. Its the BSN deluxe press that I'm on the fence about especially because its their weakest album by far.