Star Wars prints (tyler stout)

icecream

Although theres an abundance of them i'm sure they'll move quick just like the olly moss prints.

Stolen from OMG posters:

"Well, these are kind of a big deal. The year is about to wrap up with one of the biggest poster releases the internet has seen in awhile. Tyler Stout created a mind-blowing poster for each of the three Star Wars films, plus variants. The main editions are 24 x 36 screenprints, have editions of 850, and will cost $50 each. The variants have editions of 250 and will cost $100. They go up Friday, December 31st at a random time. Visit Mondotees.com.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Those are cool but I wonder if poster companies/artists just do Star Wars prints sometimes because they know they'll sell out. I think I seen more Star Wars themed posters than any other movie in the last 10 years and they all seem to sell out in 10 minutes. I picture some nerd with like 100 different posters all over his room.

Shit's intense.

i've heard that if you want a better chance at scoring these, it will help to buy a Mondo gift cerfiticate. I guess it cuts out the time getting though paypal and ups your chances of getting the prints before they sell out.

i haven't tried to buy from mondo in a long time but I know what i'll be doing on Friday.

i've heard that if you want a better chance at scoring these, it will help to buy a Mondo gift cerfiticate. I guess it cuts out the time getting though paypal and ups your chances of getting the prints before they sell out.

i haven't tried to buy from mondo in a long time but I know what i'll be doing on Friday.

It does. I tried for the Moss set but got shut out b/c my internet connection crapped out...BUT...I used the GC for the Horkey True Grit and I just flew through it...then again there could have been a helluva lot less traffic for Horkey than the Moss.

Sooooooo...I don't know shit what I'm talking about I guess...

Got the email from Tyler today. Says that he won't be selling many (if any) and that you will have to get these at Mondo. In the wake of all the complaints on the Olly "Star Wars" prints Mondo's new thing is they'll send out an email the day before they go on sale, as opposed to 5-10 minutes before like they used to do. And I didn't see an option to buy all three on Mondo's site. Looks like these will be just as hard to get (and just as expensive on ebay).

I think these look great, but then Tyler's style is distinct and is quite different from Olly's. I love them both. My two most sought after Alamo Drafthouse posters are Olly's "Evil Dead" and Tyler's "Il Grande Lebowski" glow-in-the-dark variant. Can't find either cheap enough to pull the trigger. Maybe some day.

To all Tyler Stout fans: I have been putting a lot of thought lately into taking my Blade Runner print out of the frame and selling it. I really want to get the Olly Moss "Evil Dead" and Martin Asin's Universal Horror series. Need to raise funds and will probably be selling off some other prints and maybe even some doubles of records.

To all Tyler Stout fans: I have been putting a lot of thought lately into taking my Blade Runner print out of the frame and selling it.

If you ever decide on that, let me know. That is the one print/poster I have been after since finding out about it...after it was waaaaaay too late of course and prices are sky-high.

If you ever decide on that, let me know. That is the one print/poster I have been after since finding out about it...after it was waaaaaay too late of course and prices are sky-high.

Juan,

When I said "I've been putting a lot of thought" I pretty much meant that I've already decided to do it but have yet to have the frame shop remove them. I will be selling Tyler Stout's "Blade Runner" and his "Mad Max 2" prints. These are the regular versions, not the variants. They were professionally framed with archival quality acid-free matting, acid-free foam backboard and UV resistant glass. These were never stored in tubing so they have maintained their shape.

The problem will be price. I will end up having to pay ebay prices for the Olly Moss "Evil Dead" and Martin Ansin's "Wolfman", "Bride of Frankenstein" and "Phantom of The Opera". So I will need near ebay prices for my prints. I want to get $80 for the "Mad Max 2" and $400 for the "Blade Runner". And I'll be selling my Ryan Adams prints as well for $20 each (I may keep the Louisville one). Once I get them removed from the frames I'll make a thread in the selling section with pics and everything I'm selling.

I enjoy Tyler Stout's style but on other peoples walls. Never was really my thing and have yet to find a print I like enough to put on my walls but I appreciate what he does. I am glad that I don't have to go through the headaches of trying to get his prints.

I grew up loving Star Wars, have all my old toys still but I can't get into the idea of a Star Wars print.