Screamo bands with fragile egos.

In this month's issue of AP, I did a capsule review of this screamo band Ice Nine Kills and panned the release. Here's what I wrote:
ICE NINE KILLS **

The Burning EP (RED BLUE; redbluerecords.com)

WHO? You know that band who try to add you, like, every goddamn day on MySpace? Yeah. These are those guys.

SOUNDS LIKE? A band who spend too much time adding people on MySpace and not enough time trying to break out of the nü-screamo mold.

HOW IS IT? Their drummer is really, really sick (feel that double-bass!), but everything else is pretty bland and forgettable.

ROCKS LIKE: Hawthorne Heights, the Used, Escape The Fate

So then I just get a message from the band on my personal myspace account titled "thanks for the review in AP." Here's what they had to say:

hey Scott,

we just read what alt press had to say about our new EP....

not only is it clear that the person who wrote it didn't listen to more then 20 seconds (we are far from bland and forgettable) but the article portrayed us as some bullshit myspace band who just sits on their asses adding friends all day...when in reality we have been busting our tails on a DIY tour for the last 3 months...pushing more cd's then bands that have 10x the budget we do.

we are not on a big label, matt galle isn't our booking agent, and we don't have thousands and thousands of dollars for marketing. but what we do have is the drive and the heart to make it in this game...and believe me, we will.

Here's a link to someone who actually listened to our album:

http://rockfreaks.net/?page=albumreviews&id=914

-ICE NINE KILLS

For the record, I don't think I did bother to listen to more than 20 seconds of their absolutely horrendous, embarrassingly slapped-together screamy bullshit, but I'm currently listening to the songs on their myspace page ( http://www.myspace.com/iceninekills ) and I'm sticking with my assessment.

Also, this band has tried to add various accounts I maintain on MySpace roughly 800,000 times -- they also would spam the hell out of the AP myspace comments section until I blocked their profile.

love this

i just think it's hilarious - we don't give a fuck what scott (or any of you) think(s) - but maybe sometime he should listen to more than 20 seconds of something before publishing a review in AP (review something besides "screamo" if you don't like that music). and to the gentleman who said the OTHER review was poorly written - look at the grammatical errors in scott's review. ha!

i just think it's hilarious - we don't give a fuck what scott (or any of you) think(s) - but maybe sometime he should listen to more than 20 seconds of something before publishing a review in AP (review something besides "screamo" if you don't like that music). and to the gentleman who said the OTHER review was poorly written - look at the grammatical errors in scott's review. ha!

HA! You got him good! ZING!

>:( i'm pissed that some of you stupid fuckin idiots would say some shit about the screamo bands like ice nine kills they are a good fuckin band i like them and just because u dont like them doesnt mean that every one else dont like them there is thousands of ppl out there that like the screamin thing and i'm one of them it might just be a thing that wont stick forever but for the time being it is here and ppl like it so i quess you need new reveiwers to take a look at this stuff cause if it wasup to me they would have a record contract with a big company and be playin in detroit right now!!!!!!! ;D

>:( i'm pissed that some of you stupid fuckin idiots would say some shit about the screamo bands like ice nine kills they are a good fuckin band i like them and just because u dont like them doesnt mean that every one else dont like them there is thousands of ppl out there that like the screamin thing and i'm one of them it might just be a thing that wont stick forever but for the time being it is here and ppl like it so i quess you need new reveiwers to take a look at this stuff cause if it wasup to me they would have a record contract with a big company and be playin in detroit right now!!!!!!! ;D

quite possibly one of the lamest posts ever....you must be in the band

Guest genericinsight

^That or maybe they posted a Myspace bulletin telling all their to come sign up and post here cause of one lousy thread. Which is lame as shit.

hmm well if you wanna know what i think, i think you should fucking keep your opinions to yourself, so what if you dont like their music? it doesent mean everyone is like that, INK is an amazing band, and everyone in it has great personnalitys, and just because you dont like their music doesent mean you automatically bash them, god, get a life

:P

hehe

*is bored*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA god this thread is going to become awesome