Screamo bands with fragile egos.

"Dude do u have to call em niggers? thats a burn being im on ur side and black. "

- that was a uncalled for... someone should remove that

Scott,

Why did you review Ice Nine Kills when you admit to not liking screamo and when you didn't even listen to more than 20 seconds? Isn't your job as a writer for AP to LISTEN to the music and then write a review?

Sorry Scott, but that was poor to rip on such a good local band that's working very hard and that has good music. Maybe if the first 20 seconds were so terrible to you, you could've passed it off to somebody that is more familiar with the genre... just a thought.

I'm curious to see what other people think of this?

"Let's Rage"

I dont care about that at all. a LOT of bands get torn apart in AP.

HAHA I KNOW!!!!! I made a crack at that too :)

its a self managed and self promoted tour. not ever single show will have large numbers.

Though i do agree, they could have used a much better video lol.

but they're #1 on purevolume! #1 on smartpunk! they have 55,000 fans! they should be drawing hoards of angst teenage kids like all of you!

oh thats right, NONE OF THOSE THINGS MEAN SHIT.

its a self managed and self promoted tour. not ever single show will have large numbers.

but they're #1 on purevolume! #1 on smartpunk! they have 55,000 fans! they should be drawing hoards of angst teenage kids like all of you!

Yeah ... so how many downloads do you have? and How many albums have you sold? and How many fans do you have?

Oh ... not that many? THEN STFU!

Guest genericinsight

Yeah ... so how many downloads do you have? and How many albums have you sold? and How many fans do you have?

Bands should play music and tour because they love it and are passionate about it. If they're really concerned about how many fans they have/how many albums they sold/how many downloads on download sites they have, there's a problem.

I have to say that Mike's band is WAY better than INK
Oh ... how often do they tour and how far? And how many fans do they bring in when they do?

propagandhi doesnt tour ever, and they dont go very far....but they sure as hell are better than ink and have more fans than ink...myspace isnt the greatest place to be judging how many fans a band has....believe it or not but there are people who dont use myspace....the amount of miles you travel and tour doesnt make you a good band

i thought i told you to form a coherent point.

yes, they have all of those things. What they don't have is a manager, label or promo team. more than likely because they choose not to.

not every show is going to be packed. btw, they played warped as well, so its not like they dont have the potential to draw a crowd.

here right next to ft hood tx, their genre is paticularly well recieved, so they drew a crowd of about 80 people. they played in arlington and drew a much bigger crowd.

Wow...So I had a client meeting for like 10 minutes I come back and this shit has gone B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

The argument of "How many records has your band sold" is invalid. Artists are not always apt critics and critics are not always good artists. Do I have to build a car to know if a certain make and model is good? Do I have to be a super model to tell if someone is attractive? Do I need to be a chef to know a plate of dog shit tastes bad? No. So does one need to be in a highly successful band to be of the opinion that a band is bad?

As for the rest of it, I'm actually kind of glad and saddened. It's good that INK's fans are so into this band that they're this passionate about them. However, it'[s not like message boards take a good deal of effort. Still, it's great to see that music (good, bad or whatever) evokes this kind of feeling still.

It's a wash on either end. Scott listened to the whole record, and didn't like it. INK's fans love the band and (though be it slightly misdirected) have a passionate loyalty to them. Neither side is swayed and this post will be skipped because it's too long and doesn't include the phrase "douchebag" or "queer jockey".

Wow...So I had a client meeting for like 10 minutes I come back and this shit has gone B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

The argument of "How many records has your band sold" is invalid. Artists are not always apt critics and critics are not always good artists. Do I have to build a car to know if a certain make and model is good? Do I have to be a super model to tell if someone is attractive? Do I need to be a chef to know a plate of dog shit tastes bad? No. So does one need to be in a highly successful band to be of the opinion that a band is bad?

As for the rest of it, I'm actually kind of glad and saddened. It's good that INK's fans are so into this band that they're this passionate about them. However, it'[s not like message boards take a good deal of effort. Still, it's great to see that music (good, bad or whatever) evokes this kind of feeling still.

It's a wash on either end. Scott listened to the whole record, and didn't like it. INK's fans love the band and (though be it slightly misdirected) have a passionate loyalty to them. Neither side is swayed and this post will be skipped because it's too long and doesn't include the phrase "douchebag" or "queer jockey".

agreed...well said

agreed

/thread

Oh ... how often do they tour and how far? And how many fans do they bring in when they do?

propagandhi doesnt tour ever, and they don't go very far....but they sure as hell are better than ink and have more fans than ink...myspace isnt the greatest place to be judging how many fans a band has....believe it or not but there are people who don;t use myspace....the amount of miles you travel and tour doesn't make you a good band

If you can tour, you aren't going to keep doing it if you are losing money, or you'll be broke ... therefore, a touring band is always better than a non-touring band, no matter how you judge them. The farther you tour, the bigger your fan base will be.

downloads? we don't have downloads! I WANT PEOPLES MONEY TO HEAR MY MUSIC. WE STREAM, BITCH.

Steven Colbert, Scott was on the Threat down, Steven Colbert doesn't trust him and considers Scott a threat to America!

You do realize that Colbert is a comedian, right?

I don't even think they realize that the picture was created by http://www.threatdowngenerator.com/ even though it says it was right on the caption. I wish I were famous enough to go on the Colbert Report!