Screamo bands with fragile egos.

Does anybody remember when being in a band was about doing your own thing and expressing yourself, and not this egomaniacal quest to be the next pete wentz, insisting you WILL "make it" and shit-talking on anyone who says otherwise?

Maybe if these dudes spent a little more time learning to accept criticism (and maybe actually finding their own sound) and less time worrying about how many MySpace listens they have or editing their YouTube EPKs, they'd be alot better off. Real music isn't about provacative pictures of girls in your merch, or trend-hopping to get ahead in "the industry".

Being ambitious is one thing, but being humble is just as important.

I have to say that Mike's band is WAY better than INK

when did we start comparing apples to oranges?

they're hardcore, we're "screamo"

from now on my mix CDs will be comeback kid and hawthorne heights only.

oh and you're all right, we don't have any fans

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gVSmRnmdoL8

Haha, the first comment on the video sums it up perfectly:

"did anyone notice that the crowd is dead....except for those kids in that puny mosh pit?"

Also, it was hysterical how the guitarist sang "We're all just sheep" right as the camera panned over to the front row and girls started screaming because they were on film. The ironing is delicious!

This band blows donkey dick. Here is my permission to talk shit:

www.myspace.com/ajealousyissue

practically all this band does is scream ... the vocals are HORRIBLE. I sure hope you're not the vocalist if you plan to have a future in music. I highly doubt you tour, so until you're anywhere near as big as INK, being in a band alone doesn't give you permission to talk shit.

Wahh :-[ You dont like like my band because we dont sing. Hahaha!

I have to say that Mike's band is WAY better than INK

just because people are standing around (besides the 10 or so girls) doesnt mean you have fans

propagandhi doesnt tour ever, and they don't go very far....but they sure as hell are better than ink and have more fans than ink...myspace isnt the greatest place to be judging how many fans a band has....believe it or not but there are people who don;t use myspace....the amount of miles you travel and tour doesn't make you a good band

If you can tour, you aren't going to keep doing it if you are losing money, or you'll be broke ... therefore, a touring band is always better than a non-touring band, no matter how you judge them. The farther you tour, the bigger your fan base will be.

fugazi doesnt tour, propagandhi doesnt tour, is touring good, yes....but just because a band tours doesnt mean they automatically are good or huge...for example, the now two youtube videos with no fans

just because people are standing around (besides the 10 or so girls) doesnt mean you have fans

say what you will. bottom line in the entire situation is that scott didn't review our music - he took a deliberate stab at us just for the sake of doing so - he didn't like us even before he listened. that's not the way a professional company like AP should allow their workers to operate. scott shouldn't have a job unless he can swallow his own pride and listen before he writes. otherwise, pass it on to someone who will do an ACTUAL review. that IS his job, right?

let's do reviews, not low blows.

but they're #1 on purevolume! #1 on smartpunk! they have 55,000 fans! they should be drawing hoards of angst teenage kids like all of you!

oh thats right, NONE OF THOSE THINGS MEAN SHIT.

Yeah ... so how many downloads do you have? and How many albums have you sold? and How many fans do you have?

Oh ... not that many? THEN STFU!

we have one full length CD and a 7" out on two different labels, I dont know how many records we sold, probably only 50, and I dont care because that shit does not matter to me. and I think we only have like 5 real fans, everyone else just waits for us to play pizza party.

[image]

[image]

WOW! wtf are u smoking scott, it must be some good ass shit because Ice Nine Kills is amazing, u cant fucking judge a band if u listen to 2o sec, u should take ur shitty reviews somewhere else

ICE NIEN KILLS ROCKS!!!!!!

exactly how long is 2o seconds?

Also Love that you can Spell you fav band's name correctly

practically all this band does is scream ... the vocals are HORRIBLE. I sure hope you're not the vocalist if you plan to have a future in music. I highly doubt you tour, so until you're anywhere near as big as INK, being in a band alone doesn't give you permission to talk shit.

tbh, screaming is easy. its 10x easier to write a song with nothing but screams than it is to write a good set of lyrics with a nice hook and sound. i scream and sing, and i do both pretty well. its nice to sometimes understand the words without needing a liner.

and also, i dont like a lot of bands heavy on screams because when you pop in the cd, its hard to tell when one song ends and the other begins.

not knocking u guys though, just so long as your doing what you do.

damn douchebag =]

hah, now everyones happy

say what you will. bottom line in the entire situation is that scott didn't review our music - he took a deliberate stab at us just for the sake of doing so - he didn't like us even before he listened. that's not the way a professional company like AP should allow their workers to operate. scott shouldn't have a job unless he can swallow his own pride and listen before he writes. otherwise, pass it on to someone who will do an ACTUAL review. that IS his job, right?

let's do reviews, not low blows.

no, I think his job title is something a little higher up the food chain at AP, which makes him giving you guys a subpar review even funnier

tbh, screaming is easy. its 10x easier to write a song with nothing but screams than it is to write a good set of lyrics with a nice hook and sound. i scream and sing, and i do both pretty well. its nice to sometimes understand the words without needing a liner.

and also, i dont like a lot of bands heavy on screams because when you pop in the cd, its hard to tell when one song ends and the other begins.

not knocking u guys though, just so long as your doing what you do.

damn douchebag =]

hah, now everyones happy

when they write a hit like this, get back to me

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=178150