your valentine 2008

no plans until this weekend. and it might be reduced to a breakfast at ihop and lunch somewhere on monday. she has a formal party on saturday night, and i have a shook ones concert on sunday night. so that rules out dinner pretty much. monday night i have to go back to school. she wants a piece of jewelry but i cannot for the life of me pick something out that she'd like... i need to come up with something to surprise her (since i'm not hanging out with her during the day and helping stuff packages at asian man records instead), but i've been drawing blanks so far... :P

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my wife some fancy all natural chocolate and some real high end hot coco mix. It's really great shit. Last year I got her some great truffles from the same place but because it's all natural (milk, butter etc.) it goes bad and she couldn't eat it all fast enough. This is a little safer option.

Then it's off to relive our first date (five years ago today), with an awesome pizza dinner and then going to bed while I dry hump her all night.

My wife says my gift is stuck in the mail, bummer.

I'm getting her a really nice knife from Wusthoff (http://www.wusthof.com/en/classic-ikon.asp) who make the best knives ever.

Then we're going out for sushi with her brother and his wife.

after that? maybe the sex.

edit: I have to be a good husband tonight. Tomorrow I'm leaving her to go see Gaslight Anthem / Loved Ones and Sat night is the last UK Hockey home game.

These crazy anxiety episodes that have occurred over the last week have left me in a haze. I didn't plan anything special, though last week I did buy a pair of tickets to go see Stomp tomorrow night at a classy place called Shea's. It should be fun. I paid for tickets, so I think my GF is taking me out to dinner tonight.

my lady thinks she's funny so she sent me flowers at work.

[image]

and yes, the card does say "i love you poopy pants." i booked a dinner rez at what is apparently one of the most expensive restaurants in town, though i didn't know that at the time. hopefully that will be good.

i'm trying to de-emphasize the importance of valentine's day, so tomorrow i'm sending her a cookie bouquet.

I don't have a valentine, which is pretty ok by me. I don't feel like I'm missing out horribly, other than it's a good excuse to dress up nice. I ordered a record from Polyvinyl and they sent the usual sampler download card along with a Scooby Doo card with a mystery machine tattoo from "Danielle" and a watermelon airhead. That shit seriously made my night! I told one of my friends that I'm going to go ahead and assume this "Danielle" is a "smokin' babe" as it's the only card I'll be getting. Hahaha. That's almost sad.

I don't have a valentine, which is pretty ok by me. I don't feel like I'm missing out horribly, other than it's a good excuse to dress up nice. I ordered a record from Polyvinyl and they sent the usual sampler download card along with a Scooby Doo card with a mystery machine tattoo from "Danielle" and a watermelon airhead. That shit seriously made my night! I told one of my friends that I'm going to go ahead and assume this "Danielle" is a "smokin' babe" as it's the only card I'll be getting. Hahaha. That's almost sad.

I think this is her:

[image]

I'm just going to listen to Enjoy Your Day and cry for hours straight.

aka

I'm doing nothing. My whore of an ex-girlfriend who was always adamantly opposed to partying is going to someone's valentine's day party tonight. Pisses me off. Ok, she's not a whore at all. Just a hypocrite.

But don't worry, I'm not bitter.