THE FEST 10

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's gonna suck.. trust me.

:P

ps. ticket paid for (check), cottage booked (check). plain ticket (pending)

Mike, when do you want the cottage money?

Is august cool with everyone? $142.00 each for the 3 nights. we also might need to get some snacks and beer that friday so we can put in the fridge or maybe i can send santiago some cash so we can make frozen pizzas or something so we don't spend as much on food at night.. breakfast is already covered by the room, so we're gonna eat breakfast like kings damnit!!!!!

Mike, when do you want the cottage money?

Is august cool with everyone? $142.00 each for the 3 nights. we also might need to get some snacks and beer that friday so we can put in the fridge or maybe i can send santiago some cash so we can make frozen pizzas or something so we don't spend as much on food at night.. breakfast is already covered by the room, so we're gonna eat breakfast like kings damnit!!!!!

Pizza can be covered by Scott Heisel haha.

Are you flying in thursday again or friday morning?

Going this year with the wife. Fucking stoked to death.

dude, will your wife tattoo me? i'll send you money in advance so we can just do it in the room.

it's awesome you're coming.. we can finally meet. we can share a 5 star pizza and a coke.

When are you getting into town? We're getting in Thursday, so maybe she'll be able to get a shop to let her use a room for a day. She's a little weirded out about the idea of tattooing in a hotel room, but I think if she gets a bunch of disposable tubes it would be okay. We'd have to keep it on the DL. It would suck to have people knocking on the door all night thinking they were going to get free tattoos. She wont do them in an unsafe way, but frankly we've got enough time to get her a proper sharps container and enough disposables that she might be able to knock out a couple.

If anyone is interested in getting tattooed at the Fest by my wife shoot me a pm so we can work out details, including cost. We've got to figure out a few legal issues regarding licensing crossing state lines, but any work she does will be with safe, sterilized needles. Just cause it's at a punk fest doesn't mean it will be gross. If you want to see her tattoo work you can check out her https://www.facebook.com/TattoosByEmily

Here's who's really playing:

3 legitimately awesome bands

17 bands who used to be awesome but are now coasting on their back catalog

2 reunited bands people actually want to see

8 reunited bands no one gives two shits about

9 smelly folk-punk "bands" that are the reason all the homeless punx show up, malnourished dogs in tow

16 old-punk-frontmen-gone-acoustic, bland songs and all

13 no-name crust/metal bands Mike is super-stoked about and everyone else thinks are made up

7 bands with Mikey Erg somehow involved

21 bands associated with No Idea Records

37 bands associated with Paper + Plastick

65 unsigned bands who are "totally positive Vinnie's gonna check us out and sign us to Paper + Plastick" (no more than 5 of which will actually be any good, no more than 2 of which will actually get signed, no more than 0 of which will actually get their record released on time)

I think that just about covers it!

and that appears to wrap it up nicely, thank you! that's what i needed.

65 unsigned bands who are "totally positive Vinnie's gonna check us out and sign us to Paper + Plastick" (no more than 5 of which will actually be any good, no more than 2 of which will actually get signed, no more than 0 of which will actually get their record released on time)

This!

adam, try finding someone on here or on the FEST board to get a ride and fly in on thurs night. i usually fly in around 9pm to tampa and go to the pre-fest and get a ride with someone from there to gainesville for the evening. so we can get to the holiday inn early as possible on friday. if you're coming in late friday, you might want to try flying into gainesville. i'm not sure what time registration is open till, but you might want to try getting there before they close or else you're stuck paying door prices for the evening..

my recommendation: Fly in thursday like everyone else. it's easier to get a ride from tampa or jacksonville (where southwest flys into). and try getting a later flight from the airport you flew into (like 2 or 3pm) on monday.

i know there are tons of us that fly into tampa thurs and either rent a car or hitch rides with people. it shouldn't be that hard. PM me if you have questions.

Neither of us can do Thursday, but we'd be leaving at like 3am. It's just some of the flights don't arrive until 3 or 4 pm. Does that still give us time to get to Gainesville, registration, music, etc?

Registration is open till 9pm on Friday, I believe -- maybe 8. Can't remember. But if you fly into Tampa or Orlando (and as long as you don't dick around on the highway) you should get there in time. Or, alternately, you can fly directly into Gainesville. It's more expensive, but then you cut out the cost of renting a car since you can just take a cab to the hotel and then walk everywhere else.