The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum

omgomgomgomgomg

[image]

Congrats, dude! That's a sweet original NES back there too. ;D

I've gotten through Indigo side A.

I had an amazing listening experience last night just flipping and switching discs one after another. It was nice. Too bad I got so tired and had to pass out before I finished.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[image]

It looks great! I was really hoping for one of the lyric pages, but oh well, congratulations to everyone who got them.

The only thing that sucks is it looks like somebody dropped my box or something, the top corner is bent, and that caused it to tear along the seam. Now i have to be careful when i open and close it. =/ I think I might write MD and let them know.

Very tight picture, JuniperandBalsam. I watched the boxset teaser video on Youtube, but something about seeing all the records side by side... it's just a thing of beauty. And I totally see where McPherson123 is coming from - that yellow just looks like a brighter orange. Not a huge deal or anything; just kind of interesting.

Can't wait for this to show up whenever it may. And congrats on scoring a lyric sheet, Batman. So awesome.

thanks everyone, couldn't believe my eyes. best of luck to those who haven't received theirs yet--there are 36 possibilities!

the yellow looks like orange at first, but it's definitely very yellow in the light. kinda strange haha.

the only thing i'm not sure of is where to put this thing. i need like a separate shelf for 10" vinyl now since this alone is so large.

thanks everyone, couldn't believe my eyes. best of luck to those who haven't received theirs yet--there are 36 possibilities!

the yellow looks like orange at first, but it's definitely very yellow in the light. kinda strange haha.

the only thing i'm not sure of is where to put this thing. i need like a separate shelf for 10" vinyl now since this alone is so large.

I have a shelf for box sets/ overly elaborate collector's editions.

the indigo looks like black in the picture, buts totally not that dark in real life. did anyone else spend a stupid amount of time putting each EP into seperate folders for itunes? i think maybe im just wierd about my music organization. i didnt want all the songs in the same folder. each color is suppose to be seperated so thats how i did it. i even had to change the track numbers to 1-4 in each folder... seems wier to other people im sure. but to me, it had to be done. hahaha.

11"x11" and 2 1/2" thick. it feels like it weighs maybe 6 pounds.... im not sure.
Awesome thanks. It'll fit with my other 10"s than. also that picture of the damage is horrible.

youre telling me. i was so excited when i opened the box, then it droped to half when i saw the tear. i was scared to even open it. at first i thought maybe it happened when someone was putting lyrics into the box, which would have been okay with me. =) but then i realized it was still shrink wrapped so that was most likely not it. no lyrics, and a tear on the box. i wrote MD and sent them a picture of the damage, hopefully they can send me a new box, or at least some sort of store credit. or a heads up on the release date of glassjaw coloring book vinyl hahaha.

I'm about 6 deep into these right now. About finished up with the blue. Every song so far is absolute perfection!

Only one complaint so far... anyone else have some problems with a bit of popping noises? It seemed like the whole side A of Blue had a continuous pop every couple seconds. Maybe it just needs cleaned or something, but I don't know...

the indigo looks like black in the picture, buts totally not that dark in real life. did anyone else spend a stupid amount of time putting each EP into seperate folders for itunes? i think maybe im just wierd about my music organization. i didnt want all the songs in the same folder. each color is suppose to be seperated so thats how i did it. i even had to change the track numbers to 1-4 in each folder... seems wier to other people im sure. but to me, it had to be done. hahaha.

Yea I am really OCD about my iTunes organization as well. Lets us know what they do about the damaged box. That blows. I hope mine arrives safe on Monday (with a lyric sheet please dear god)!

if you didnt know already if you went to..

edit/preferences/advanced and then check keep folder organized on your itunes it would help you out

I'm about 6 deep into these right now. About finished up with the blue. Every song so far is absolute perfection!

Only one complaint so far... anyone else have some problems with a bit of popping noises? It seemed like the whole side A of Blue had a continuous pop every couple seconds. Maybe it just needs cleaned or something, but I don't know...

Pray that it's not a bad press. I actually had problems with a digital version I bought. It seems that a bunch of online retailers were sent a bad batch of files. Popping and skipping throughout the collection. I hope the vinyl isn't suffering from the same problem. I emailed Triple Crown and they're aware of the problem and have sent new files to the retailers.

if you didnt know already if you went to..

edit/preferences/advanced and then check keep folder organized on your itunes it would help you out

oh, no its not like that. when i downloaded the zip folder from the download card, i extracted it and all the files came out without track numbers in front of the song title. and then it said the color of the ep after the song title. and instead of track numbers in the tags being 1-4 it was 1-36, so it was one continuous CD instead of 9 EPs. So i had to put each color into seperate folders, add the track number to the song title, remove the color from the title, and change the track number in the tags. it was kind of a bitch. i wish i wasnt so OCD about my music. i just always hated when i look at peoples ipods and they have like 6 of the same artist just because they dont care about capitalization or anything. or one artist but then the CD is broken up into like 8 seperate folders. UGH!!!