Whats the worst job you've ever had?

My jobs:

-Christmas Tree Nursery - I watered flowers in the sun and loaded mulch into cars. It actually wasn't bad, except being boring at times. I also got really good at watching the clouds and anticipating rainstorms.

-Syracuse University Dome Services - I set up mobile concession stands, sat in the stock room and ate free candy and Burger King while playing cards, then broke down the concession stands at half time. For $14 an hour.

-YWCA Before- and After-school program - Hung out with kids before and after school. Badass. I played so much knockout.

-Town Parks department - hang out in ice rinks working hockey games in some capacity, then in the summer hang out in playgrounds with kids. We're one of the only towns in the country that still staffs playgrounds.

-Teaching - fucking awesome.

I can honestly say I've never strongly disliked any of my jobs.

I worked at Freshly Squeezed (i cant say that without loling) when I was in grade 12. its a juice bar in the mall here. The bitch owner refused to give me breaks, didnt pay me for the first 15hrs which she considered "training", only gave me student wage ($1 an hour less than min.) and wouldnt actually pay me for the amount of time i put in. basically my job was making smoothies and cleaning shit. the mall closes at 9 and she would only pay me until 9:30 but not let me leave until everything was spotless which was literally at least 2hrs of work. most nights i didn't leave until 10 or 10:30.

when payday came around she never had my pay cheque ready and would say that "if i REALLY NEEDED it" she could have it ready 2 days later forcing me to make yet another bus trip (spend more $) to pick up my pay cheque. If i really need it? seriously?

I quit a month later and she refused to give me my final cheque until i washed and folded the uniform properly. I wound up having to send the ministry of labor after her to get my money. fucking bitch.

I worked at Freshly Squeezed (i cant say that without loling) when I was in grade 12. its a juice bar in the mall here. The bitch owner refused to give me breaks, didnt pay me for the first 15hrs which she considered "training", only gave me student wage ($1 an hour less than min.) and wouldnt actually pay me for the amount of time i put in. basically my job was making smoothies and cleaning shit. the mall closes at 9 and she would only pay me until 9:30 but not let me leave until everything was spotless which was literally at least 2hrs of work. most nights i didn't leave until 10 or 10:30.

when payday came around she never had my pay cheque ready and would say that "if i REALLY NEEDED it" she could have it ready 2 days later forcing me to make yet another bus trip (spend more $) to pick up my pay cheque. If i really need it? seriously?

I quit a month later and she refused to give me my final cheque until i washed and folded the uniform properly. I wound up having to send the ministry of labor after her to get my money. fucking bitch.

The ministry of labor? did you work at a "freshly squeezed" in Hogwarts?

Guest errolwest

im not entirely sure of ontarios labour standards, buuut it sounds like you should have called the labour board(or what ever its called there) a lot sooner!

also, ive never had a shitty job.

was a butcher for almost two years in a small family-owned meat locker.

- it was a brutal lesson about life and death

built/climbed/serviced communication towers for about a year

- got to travel the country a bit which was fun, climbed a 500 ft tower in 50 mph wind once, probably the most thrilling thing I've ever done

now I work 3rd shift as a machinist and spend most of my time on this goddamn board

lucky enough not to have a shitty job yet, though i've only had two.

- worked as a barman for a year or so which was hard work but all the other people who worked there were really cool as was our boss so most of the time it was fun.

- been a designer on a weekly music mag for the last five years or so and while it doesn't hold quite the same "dream job" status as it did when i started (mainly due to who the "kids" are listening to and we have to work with) i'm not gonna complain. Five years of free shows/festivals and stuff has been very cool, everyone there is awesome but fuck me the work is absolutely relentless!