Great Deal on Modest Mouse Good News for People

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants to see what a sealed first press looks like, this guy (not me) is selling one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Modest-Mouse-Good-news-People-Love-Bad-News-/330554527665?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4cf695cfb1

Second press had a different sticker on sleeve (which I presume the new ones share).

I saw these at HT today along with W&T and they ended up pulling both off the shelves while I was there because someone accidentally put them out too early. All The MM's had some level of creasing to their sleeves though.

My girlfriend just noticed the same thing at the mall she works at. Did a giant record nerd boner crushing machine get ahold of all of these?!

I saw these at HT today along with W&T and they ended up pulling both off the shelves while I was there because someone accidentally put them out too early. All The MM's had some level of creasing to their sleeves though.

My girlfriend just noticed the same thing at the mall she works at. Did a giant record nerd boner crushing machine get ahold of all of these?!

Well, the deal with my post was that the HT I was at put the records out before they were supposed to on accident so they had to pull them back but today I went and the Glassjaw was back on the shelf but the MM's weren't there. Don't know if they're coming out later or if they all got sold.

Well, the deal with my post was that the HT I was at put the records out before they were supposed to on accident so they had to pull them back but today I went and the Glassjaw was back on the shelf but the MM's weren't there. Don't know if they're coming out later or if they all got sold.

I dunno why any HT stores are holding these, they were never told to hold them til any specific date, there wasnt even really a street date for these.

I dunno why any HT stores are holding these, they were never told to hold them til any specific date, there wasnt even really a street date for these.

Yeah I just remember seeing them face down on the floor behind the register after I tried buying my W&T. Looked like they just pulled them.

I went today and got W&T and the chic ended up giving me the 20% off since your boss wrote them after I left and said it was cool to put them out on Saturday.

I was referring to the crushed sleeves. Anyone's online copies have jacked corners?

Oh, haha. Didn't catch that. My mail order copies came nearly perfect.

I wonder if amazon is just going to keep ordering more from the distributor as demand continues.

well.... yeah?

What I mean is, they were already technically sold out once. If it were a product that they were expecting to get more units of they would have just said "Expected to ship in approximately 1 to 3 weeks" or something to that effect on the order page and still allowed you to place an order but it wouldn't say "Temporarily Unavailable" like it did say after we bought them all up on the first round.

I guess I mean: "I wonder if they'll keep pressing this until stores stop ordering them..."

Maybe that's what I should have said.