Dredg - Chuckles and Mr. Squeezy

Dredg has been one of my favorite bands for as long as I can remember but they have been on a steady decline. Pariah wasn't bad.. It was pretty weak though. I just downloaded this today and I really tried to keep an open mind but It just really doesn't work. It's a shame they used to be one of the most underrated bands ever and now, I just don't really know.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I agree the album lacks.....pretty much everything that makes this band great. If they were going to do a more producer-beat-driven album, it should have come out sounding more like tracks such as "Halong Bay" and "Del Torro." Fuck these guys have so much potential. I really hope they keep going and wind up breaking new ground again.

Got my copy at the show. Dude only sells X amount of copies at each show. If you buy early, he'll hold it behind the merch booth for you until the show is over so you don't have to hold it. He just has you write your name on the shrink.

Sweet thanks for the info! Gonna hit the merch table right at doors and probably just take it out to my car.

Judgement Day = most underrated, lesser known band that everyone should know that I listen to. I live in Ohio and have seen them 3 times now. I saw them at Beachland last year (for those who know the Beachland) and other than my wife and I, two other people were there to see them. Everyone else was a friend/family of the opening band.

Not too get too off topic though, this Dredg album is hard to figure out. I'm all for them doing different types of music, but this just seems lazy. If they put the effort into making a electronic-style album that they usually seem to put into their albums, I bet it could have sounded freaking amazing.

I saw them live last week and their new stuff just seemed so out of place compared to everything else they played.

I think some of the songs are terrible and some of them I can really see how they fit into the Dredg canon but overall, I find the album generally ineffective. They seem to have lost the mysterious edge they always had. The lyrics have become pretty obvious with little reference to anything esoteric which I like less than the old style but again, they're the artists and what they do is their choice but I do feel that for a lot of this record they just kind of phoned it in.

Got my copy at the show. Dude only sells X amount of copies at each show. If you buy early, he'll hold it behind the merch booth for you until the show is over so you don't have to hold it. He just has you write your name on the shrink.

Sweet thanks for the info! Gonna hit the merch table right at doors and probably just take it out to my car.

You're welcome.