Cave In - White Silence LP soon!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured Amazon would send me a copy on black. I ended up with a copy on grey... which I already have. Got clear gold and grey at Krazyfest and skipped on the black because I incorrectly assumed that's what Amazon would have.

Oh yes and as for Amazon's shipping. This one was one of the worst I've seen in a few months. All previous orders have shipped in those individual cardboard "frustration free" boxes within a bigger box. This time the record was just in a bigger box between some huge bubbles. Which is not fucking cool. The plastic was open on some of the corners but was otherwise unharmed, luckily.

I figured Amazon would send me a copy on black. I ended up with a copy on grey... which I already have. Got clear gold and grey at Krazyfest and skipped on the black because I incorrectly assumed that's what Amazon would have.

Oh yes and as for Amazon's shipping. This one was one of the worst I've seen in a few months. All previous orders have shipped in those individual cardboard "frustration free" boxes within a bigger box. This time the record was just in a bigger box between some huge bubbles. Which is not fucking cool. The plastic was open on some of the corners but was otherwise unharmed, luckily.

This was how mine was shipped as well. Weakest Amazon shipping to date. Mine was also gray, which I am forwarding along to Northernfailure. I'm glad I got a White from HHR when they put up the last 60 copies.

got this today from Amazon in an oversized box with a strip of 3 little airbags. I saw the box the mailman brought up the driveway and just groaned. mfers. I thought it would be the LP that shipped first but nope, Cave In.

shrink wrap was torn along the open end of the jacket, one corner was dinged. the black vinyl busted through the inner sleeve almost entirely. I'm surprised this wasn't completely demolished because it slid around in the box like crazy. no protection at all and the box was bigger than the LP, but a little more shallow than the normal big box. nice thick slab of vinyl, it looks scratched in one section so I'm about to spin the shit and hope for the best.

I was able to get the white vinyl, I live somewhat close to Vacation, so I went down there around noon. The guys there told me there was a line when the store opened, so it sounded like they were already down on their inventory when i got there.

I also got me one of their totes, a bit expensive but i'd like to represent my favorite record shop. 8-)

what are their frustration free mailers? i've seen so many people mention them but i've never gotten a record in one.

They are a bit larger than a standard regular mailer, longer, and have a tear off strip like a box of frozen food. So you just tear the strip and pull out your record, frustration free! It's a very sturdy box too.

what are their frustration free mailers? i've seen so many people mention them but i've never gotten a record in one.

They are a bit larger than a standard regular mailer, longer, and have a tear off strip like a box of frozen food. So you just tear the strip and pull out your record, frustration free! It's a very sturdy box too.

that figures. i've never gotten one. maybe my Fever Ray LP will come in one. they keep advertising them on their damn site so i assume i will get one each time but i don't. what a scam. :D thanks for the info.

I just don't understand how Amazon keeps doing that big box bullshit shipping. I imagine they have had more than enough complaints by now to rectify this situation. I rarely order from Amazon as I'm just not a fan of their shipping and have never once received a "frustration free mailer." I remember I ordered two copies of Failure - Fantastic Planet back when it came out and they came in TWO separate HUGE boxes. No idea how there was no damage but I was lucky. That's also one of my all time favorite albums so I was praying for nothing bad to happen. Get at their customer service Mike, who knows....you may get a credit or a replacement.

haha, i just wrote a comment asking why the hell they used LP mailers temporarily only to revert back to stupid big boxes for vinyl. the whole shipping process after how many years of vinyl shipment does get a little asinine when a retailer can't get their shit together on a simple uniform process. i know people have complained up the ass about their vinyl packaging too, they have to realize it's a problem but don't really seem to care.

haha, i just wrote a comment asking why the hell they used LP mailers temporarily only to revert back to stupid big boxes for vinyl. the whole shipping process after how many years of vinyl shipment does get a little asinine when a retailer can't get their shit together on a simple uniform process. i know people have complained up the ass about their vinyl packaging too, they have to realize it's a problem but don't really seem to care.

They're like the Wal Mart of online shopping in my eyes. They make crazy amounts of sales and they're getting their money regardless so them giving a damn about packaging is probably a pipe dream. I'm gonna continue to avoid Amazon as much as possible. I like saving money as much as the next person but when it comes to ordering online, I'll spend a bit more to know I'm buying from a place that knows how to ship an item.

Haha, I was about to add "back to Cave In" after my last Amazon rant. Did you pick up the tape Juan?

I did not. Didn't know Vacation had it. Oh well.

I didn't know till it was too late either. I got very lucky and Vacation was still able to help me out. They're now completely out. I was also told to keep a close eye on the HH/BCD store as they should have a "few" at some point. So, keep that in mind.