Deftones - Adrenaline LP preorder

i look at HA as this sort of novelty that seemed kind of cool at first and then you realized what a pile of shit it was compared to glassjaw. would not buy.

I still think Decadance has some great tracks. The song The Razor is incredible.

HA isnt suppose to be compared to GJ, obviously GJ is so much better its not even worth discussing. On its own, I think the first HA album is good tho.

man, HA was great live around Decadence. then that pile of shit Popaganda came out. fuck that, and of course it gets a vinyl release which still baffles me.

The Razor is my favorite song on the album. LOVE that song.

if this was on vinyl, I'd buy the shit out of it. I still play the album religiously.

and of course, Team Sleep! ;D Kool-Aid Party is entirely too great of a track to not be widely known.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I think "Kool-Aid Party" needs to be on it, it wasn't on the CD release so I think we can pretty much kiss that idea goodbye. Its only chance of being released on vinyl is if they release compilation of the scrapped tracks/original versions and who knows if that will ever happen.

I think having the original Team Sleep S/T the way it is would be enough of a treat, personally and I think that track ended up being left off more than likely due to label disputes. I mean, that can be the only reason. Why else would anyone not include the track that Mike Patton did for their record?

im hoping i can find someone to help me get this + around the fur and maybe eyewtkas to sweden without paying hottopic shipping.

if anyone feels like they could do this i would be most grateful, and of course give something for the effort.

i will send a copy of eddie vedder - into the wild ost to the one who helps me. please!

Chino and Patton are friends, man. He knew who they were, if he didn't want his voice on it he wouldn't have done it.

I didn't know if Deftones were exempt from the nu-metal genre. they're really friends though? shocking. I was always surprised he was ever involved with Team Sleep at all.

I think they'd have to be in order for Patton do have gone out of his way to record vocals for them. I mean, the dude never stops working. Plus, I heard a Radio1 interview with Patton from around 2001 or so in which the interviewer asks him about a time when he supposedly "got Chino drunk" before he went on stage and he performed horribly. Mike swore Chino was already totally gone by the time he came around at the time in question. I just remember getting the impression that they were at least acquaintances and probably a bit more than that.

im hoping i can find someone to help me get this + around the fur and maybe eyewtkas to sweden without paying hottopic shipping.

if anyone feels like they could do this i would be most grateful, and of course give something for the effort.

i will send a copy of eddie vedder - into the wild ost to the one who helps me. please!

we'll take care of you, don't sweat it!

what a nice guy!

I didn't know if Deftones were exempt from the nu-metal genre.

I think time told on this one. I think they'd fit more on a playlist with Jawbox, Far, Will Haven, and some of the bands that influenced them, like The Cure, than they would on a playlist with nu metal bands. Easily. I know they were associated with nu metal at the time, but removed from that context, I don't really hear it.

I think time told on this one. I think they'd fit more on a playlist with Jawbox, Far, Will Haven, and some of the bands that influenced them, like The Cure, than they would on a playlist with nu metal bands. Easily. I know they were associated with nu metal at the time, but removed from that context, I don't really hear it.

that was meant as a strictly Mike Patton point of view.

although, as much as i love Deftones, they still play all of their "nu-metal" jams at almost every show. Engine No. 9, 7 Words, My Own Summer, Headup, Korea, Elite, Back To School, etc. thankfully they haven't gone the Korn route though.

im really sorry but i will not be able to do this.

i will instead give a bounty of 15 bucks to who helps me.

I went Saturday in hopes of ATF and Glassjaw being there but no luck. I think Adrenaline was bumped to June 14th release though. GJ and ATF 5/17, Adrenaline 6/14.

men, women, and children on vinyl? i think im the only one who would want that.

wrong :P i swore this was already on vinyl though? don't they have a 12" picture disc of the album? or is the only picture disc a 7"? i swore the last time i saw them, they had a 12" picture disc.

I've never actually heard this song. Damn.

you have now! what did you think of it?

men, women, and children on vinyl? i think im the only one who would want that.

wrong :P i swore this was already on vinyl though? don't they have a 12" picture disc of the album? or is the only picture disc a 7"? i swore the last time i saw them, they had a 12" picture disc.

no, its just a 7" with like 3 or 4 songs on it. i talked to the singer and he said he would love to see it on vinyl, and maybe even release it with a bonus download of the 2nd unreleased album. but unfortunately warner records arent just dicks to glassjaw. they said the only way that would happen is if they got warners permission, but that is a very very slim chance.

i dont know why im blanking. what do these mean w&T and EYEWTKAS?

2000 white W&T

2000 orange EYEWTKAS

and where are the colored deftones vinyl selling at besides hot topic?

Those are Glassjaw records. Lots of cross-over talk between Deftones and Glassjaw in these threads

Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute on white /2000

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence on orange /2000

Both exclusive to HT. Both are still available on HT.com

Colored Deftones LPs for Adrenaline and Around the Fur are only available at Hot Topic. Neither are available yet but Around the Fur will be for sale very very soon.

Around the Fur will be on orange and Adrenaline will be on pink, I think.

i dont know why im blanking. what do these mean w&T and EYEWTKAS?

2000 white W&T

2000 orange EYEWTKAS

and where are the colored deftones vinyl selling at besides hot topic?

Those are Glassjaw records. Lots of cross-over talk between Deftones and Glassjaw in these threads

Glassjaw - Worship & Tribute on white /2000

Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence on orange /2000

Both exclusive to HT. Both are still available on HT.com

Colored Deftones LPs for Adrenaline and Around the Fur are only available at Hot Topic. Neither are available yet but Around the Fur will be for sale very very soon.

Around the Fur will be on orange and Adrenaline will be on pink, I think.

thanks! picked up the orange deftones. as u said "cross over talk" what popped in my head is a deftones/glassjaw collab on vinyl. maybe 6 songs! ;D that would be awesome