Jimmy Eat World Bleed American RSD

It seems that way. As folks recover/arrive home from Coachella, we should see more releases on Ebay (particularly the coloured ones). I figure in about 3-4 months we should see the prices leveling out. Right now they are obscene. There is no other way of saying that. I've traded rare jazz recordings for less than some of these crackpot flippers are listing Bleed American at.

It's a fine album, no doubt. In fact, one of my favs of the genre, perhaps my fav. But $150+? Come on now, that is daft.

eloquently put, sir.

highway robbery.

I was talking to the guy who's running the Zia store here at coachella and he said the band is only getting around 50 copies and the rest are theirs. And they're pretty low already.

did anyone read this? why are people still saying there are 400 more magical copies?

the colored were specifically "coachella exclusive of 100" which leads me to believe that is exactly the case.

was at Generation Records in the city, about 15 people in front of me and it sold out. caught word some shady record store around the corner had it, so I ran over there and bought it. they had it priced at fucking $80! but i still bought it because i wasn't fucking around. it was $45 at Generation.

I think this record is a prime example of why i hate being a vinyl collector:

1: Limited qualities, i mean why? I have some understanding for a color variant being limited, but this is just a shitty situation.

2: The selling price, 45 flipping dollars, what..the...fuck.

3: The flipping price, i wish incurable diseases to all these ebay motherfuckers that double the price or more, and i loathe the people that actually agree with these prices.

4: Sucks even more when you are eurotrash like me, you don't even get the chance to get this in a record store, thus having to depend on flippers, fuck!

Fuck you Jimmy Eat World! And fuck you RSD!

Well, I'm sure there are counter examples to prove me wrong, but in this case, I like to think the blame isn't so much RSD and the nature of vinyl collecting, but the fact that this is a corporate band on a major label. I couldn't see No Idea or Deathwish charging $45 for a 3xLP ever. And they repress popular items in their catalog when they can.

Well, I'm sure there are counter examples to prove me wrong, but in this case, I like to think the blame isn't so much RSD and the nature of vinyl collecting, but the fact that this is a corporate band on a major label. I couldn't see No Idea or Deathwish charging $45 for a 3xLP ever. And they repress popular items in their catalog when they can.

That's right, i bought the Dear Landlord album last week at their 4 dollar show, and with that you get a genuine thank you for the support, download code and colored vinyl.

Am I the only person who DOESN'T think 45 bucks for a NICE, well-packaged triple lp is outrageous? That's 15 bucks a record.

I paid $35 for Futures, a double lp so what the fuck is 10 extra bucks?

Maybe I'm a part of the "problem" with overpriced vinyl but whatever.

Zero shame I paid a friend $75 for my color copy. #noregrets

Am I the only person who DOESN'T think 45 bucks for a NICE, well-packaged triple lp is outrageous? That's 15 bucks a record.

I paid $35 for Futures, a double lp so what the fuck is 10 extra bucks?

Maybe I'm a part of the "problem" with overpriced vinyl but whatever.

Zero shame I paid a friend $75 for my color copy. #noregrets

That's how I feel, people here will hands down pay $30 for a well put together double LP by a band they love or an album they love, so why is it so hard to bring yourself to pay that same rate for a triple LP? That Mastadon Live record was a double LP and was like $46 wasn't it? I saw plenty of people shelling out for that.

most of these kids are complaining about the prices because they don't want to pay $45+ for a record that they're not ever going to play. i mean, think about how many copies of Reinventing Axl Rose (that you're not ever gonna play either) you can buy for $45

It's a shame too, they really did a great job putting this together. It sounds great.

people in michigan---

i know a shop called Rock of Ages in Garden City had quite a few copies of this for a price tag of $39.99... dunno if they sold out by the end of the day, but if you're desperate it may be worth a shot.

And i was also okay with paying a bit more for this, like other guys said, it's about $15 per record, with great packaging and rare cuts that i would expect to be included in a "deluxe edition". it plays and sounds amazing, and is a record i will get a lot of spins out of.

I had to resist the urge to take of the shrink and place it directly into a record frame to display on my wall so everyone could see it.

no you cannot listen! you may only look!

most of these kids are complaining about the prices because they don't want to pay $45+ for a record that they're not ever going to play. i mean, think about how many copies of Reinventing Axl Rose (that you're not ever gonna play either) you can buy for $45

This guys pretty much on point.