mumford and sons.... STFU

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

normally i think it's all subjective, but in this case, you can blame their popularity on media attention and grammy nom. my roommate told me he was listening to a radio interview and even the band wasn't too pleased with spike in popularity as they saw it as a negative thing (apparently they know whats up). i think they wanted the popularity to be based on their merits and the fact that they had earned it, rather than just because of media attention. so i can't totally hate on the band, but more so the people who can't stop talking playing their music for now. you know with sudden popularity comes along all the fair-weather fans. and i think that's what they didn't want.

They have a few good songs, they clearly have some musical talent. I don't really see the need to make this a big deal. I bet I don't like half the bands some of you do but I don't feel compelled to go on a rant about it.

AKA. Mumford haters... STFU

i think most people are just annoyed they have to hear about them every minute of the waking day. i have to listen to the radio at work sometimes and i get annoyed everytime they come on because the soccer moms and indie kids are fuckin' lame and talk about them like theyv'e been around for years.

and i'll bet you $20 (not really) you probably hate most of the bands i enjoy. haha. most people do.

I mean to that extent I can agree, it's annoying when any band that hasn't necessarily put in the time to build a large fan base gets one overnight, but is that really the fault of the band or of the modern day music industry? All I'm saying is don't hate the band because everyone else loves them.. that just makes you a no good dirty little hipster (/sarcasm)

i like this band.

this thread is dumb. but not because i disagree with the OP.

most of these threads are dumb. no need to state the obvious. :P

to tell you the truth, when i first saw this thread, i just woken up and thought, fuck SNFU and Mumford and sons did a split? you know like the rSD splits (husker du/green day, mastodon/zz top, etc). i didnt even know SNFU were still around, but im curious. haha. then i woke up and was sorely depressed.

mumford and sons were huge in 09/10 here in Australia (havent heard much about them for a while) and I was somewhere skeptical about them until I saw them play a small venue (holding 400ish) and they not only put on an amazing show but were incredibly humble. The next time they played in sydney they sold out a venue that holds 2200 twice and they were blown away by the crowds (saying it was the biggest headlining show they had ever played) but were just as humble as the first time and confused about their popularity.

Similar to this thread there are a lot of people here who hate them simply due to their popularity but i think in this case it isnt really justified. Its more a case of confusion as to why they are huge and why the media grabbed onto them whilst other similar bands are almost ignored entirely

ok. so i had absolutely no memory of making this thread. and when i first read it, i was ashamed of myself, and worried to see how much hate was about to be spewed at me.

but im pleasantly surprised.

fuck mumford and sons!